well hows it goin i have been playing guitar for like a year and i kinda suk but i kinda dont ya no? and i was wondering if like i could get some tips on how to get good enough to hopefully join a band... i just need to no the right sruff to practice and like where to start or somthing. but ya thanks and bye.

jake
for a band i find learn a song to the end not just learning the intro or solo.
well wat i did was just learned stuff that i liked and i got really good really fast then u jsut find people near where u live and play for them and if they like u then ur in but if not then just practice a little more and u should be fine
listen to the stuff you like constantly and to me know how fast your pick should be going and if it's fast, get it fast, if it's slow, get it slow, etc.

i'm not sure what you listen to but whatever it may be make sure it's worth your while
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
well hey what about like umm practicing stuff what should i start with like chords or reading music or just play songs i like
well ive only been playing for about 4 months, so im no pro, but what i find works is playing punk songs and nirvana songs those are real easy, also playing with experienced guitarists is a great way to improve.
im new myself, but for playing in a band you should do all practice sessions with a metronome, learn the scale patterns, major, minor, penatonic, blues, and in my case i would be ready in about six years time, i practice eight hours a day but i got no riddum and im tone deaf, and on top of that my bad mother finger is realy hurting.
Quote by Quizical
im new myself, but for playing in a band you should do all practice sessions with a metronome, learn the scale patterns, major, minor, penatonic, blues,

+1

and learn a buch of songs off by heart the whole way through. Make a bunch of your own songs and know them the whole way through. Good songs

Develope a style. I know from looking for a bassist for my band, I like to look for a style. They gotta be versatile and all, but they gotta have a distinctive style that they've made themselves.
i started playing properly bout 13 years ago was sat round my m8s house noticed his guitar in the corner picked it up, and very clichee sat and learnt smells like teen spirit. ( i was young and hopeless and my m8 said it was the easyest song to learn)

but to get better its just a matter of sitting down wherever u feel @ peace with no distractions and sit n just work your way around the thretboard finding little tunes u like, then start to fuse things all together ( no doubt you have done that but it dont hurt to mentione it)
Quote by Quizical
im new myself, but for playing in a band you should do all practice sessions with a metronome, learn the scale patterns, major, minor, penatonic, blues,
Don't get me wrong, these are essential...but I think it might be too early to really get into this stuff if the TS is still a beginner.

I would say practice as many simple songs as you can. It's the fastest way. But yes, like stated, using a metronome will help you tremendously in so many ways. If you're creative enough to "steal" ideas from these songs, you'll be ready for a band.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Being a good player and getting into a band have nothing to do with each other. Find some people who also like to play and start playing. The great thing about playing with other people is that it can give you some solid direction as to where you want to take your skills. Start learning some songs and your playing will improve dramatically.

Good Luck!
everything the other guys have said it right, what i would recommend it to learn some music theory. trust me u wanna get exposed to it now rather then later.
Gear:
Ibanez Artcore AM73
Carlo-Robelli Acoustic (first guitar)
Peavey VaveKing 212
BOSS GE-7
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1