I am talking about the fast one. How long should it take a person who has been playing 1 year 3 months (me ) to learn it? Is it really that hard? How long did it take you to learn it and how long had you been playing for? Is it to challenging for a person with my little experience?
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
I am talking about the fast one. How long should it take a person who has been playing 1 year 3 months (me ) to learn it? Is it really that hard? How long did it take you to learn it and how long had you been playing for? Is it to challenging for a person with my little experience?

Try something a bit slower that doesn't involve shredding.
the first solo is really easy, but kirks solo is challenging
It's all about feel
Quote by Mike!
Try something a bit slower that doesn't involve shredding.

That solo is considered shredding? I thought it was fast, but not shred fast.
Be cool.
I have a hard time with a lot of solos but I actually found the Master of Puppets solo easy. Just take your time and practice it really slow at first and speed it up.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
I have a hard time with a lot of solos but I actually found the Master of Puppets solo easy. Just take your time and practice it really slow at first and speed it up.

How long had you been playing when you learned it?
Be cool.
It is really quite easy, it doesn't have a ****load of technical patterns, so it shouldn't take that long, depends on your skill, but 2/3 days-1 1/2 week to get it down pat
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by MetalGS3SE

+1
same here
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
I had been playing about a year or so when I learned it, and it took me less than a week to have it near perfect.

EDIT: Do remember, people learn at different speeds and in different styles. Don't get discouraged if you don't pull it off perfect the first few times you try it.

If all else fails, record your playing and listen to mistakes, or even upload it here to get people to give you pointers. If you have a web camera you can record a video as well.