done on the pickups it said
B.C. Rich. whats up with that?
Yep
Quote by impeachpedro10
did he buy it used? that is strange

no he didntt but it used
Yep
Last edited by elliottmi at Mar 26, 2008,
If he bought it used then obviously the previous owner did a pickup swap.

No Epiphone guitar has ever been issued stock with BC Rich pickups, ever. Either the previous owner did a pickup swap, the shop did a pickup swap, or the mysterious night time pickup switcher broke into your friend's house and swapped them while he was sleeping.
The previous owner might have had a BC Rich guitar and liked the Epiphone pickups better, so he could have switched the pickups and just kept the covers on the Epiphone, so secretly the buyer wouldn't know what pickups he'd be getting.

If they sound bad, just get a new pair of better pickups though.
Quote by bokuho
If he bought it used then obviously the previous owner did a pickup swap.

No Epiphone guitar has ever been issued stock with BC Rich pickups, ever. Either the previous owner did a pickup swap, the shop did a pickup swap, or the mysterious night time pickup switcher broke into your friend's house and swapped them while he was sleeping.

Not true. My friend had the same thing happen to him. His name is SlashVR on here. He simply emailed Epiphone and they sent him a new set though. I'm guessing their built in the same factory and pups got mixed up. I wouldn't be surprised if the only difference between the two pups is the name stamped on them.