Is there any scale used for a Gothic sounding lead?
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
If you want like something that sounds dark, almost slightly "wrong", try som of the modes. Phrygian is a nice one for a dark sound.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
I think he means a gloomy style lead...
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Why don't you just look up musical mode on wikipedia, rather than saying something like "gothic scale/lead" and risk sounding like a moron. They even have a box that tells you what each mode sounds like. But I don't think the Greeks made any gothic modes. ha.
All of my amps go up to 11
Quote by Slaytanic1993
I think he means a gloomy style lead...

Yeah, that's what Im getting at.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by Rhyan_EG
Yeah, that's what Im getting at.

That's up to your ear for the most part. Really depends how you work the instrument.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Gothic refers to a style of architerture, so I'll assume you mean dark, gloomy music.

just stop posting.
Harmonic minor (1 2 b3 4 5 b6 7 8) is a pretty gothic style lead to my ears, it reminds me of a castle with a big windy staircase...and some of its modes are good as well...phrygian major can be pretty intense, simplest versions of that would be A B C D E F G# A (harmonic minor) and E F G# A B C D E (phrygian major is HM's fifth mode: 1 b2 3 4 5 b6 b7 8). Anything under the harmonic minor system sounds pretty dark and eastern, because of the #2 you get between the b6 and the major 7 (as opposed to the b7 you would have in regular old minor), in this case the F and the G#. And regular phrygian like some people suggested can sound kinda dark, but you'll probably prefer these two scales if youre thinking of the same kind of gothic that I am.
Quote by InsomniaRocks
Harmonic minor (1 2 b3 4 5 b6 7 8) is a pretty gothic style lead to my ears, it reminds me of a castle with a big windy staircase...and some of its modes are good as well...phrygian major can be pretty intense, simplest versions of that would be A B C D E F G# A (harmonic minor) and E F G# A B C D E (phrygian major is HM's fifth mode: 1 b2 3 4 5 b6 b7 8).

It's called Phrygian Dominant instead of Phrygian major. I would recommend personally the Phrygian mode as has been suggested, but made sure you also focus on the phrasing. If you're going for a gloomy style, doing a few speed picked arpeggios can sound very good. I particularly like this one lick from the "Fermented Offal Discharge" solo, two A minor arpeggios into a D minor arpeggio, but you can move it to any key you want.

e-------------------12h17p12--------------------------12h17p12-----------
B----------------13------------13--------------------13------------13--------
G-------------14------------------14--------------14------------------14-----
D----------14------------------------14--------14-----------------------14---
A--12h15-------------------------------12h15-----------------------------12
E---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e------------------13h17 17 19 15-------------------------------
B---------------15--------------------17 15------------------------
G------------14-----------------------------------------------------
D---------15--------------------------------------------------------
A------17-----------------------------------------------------------
E---17--------------------------------------------------------------

Gives a nice little neoclassical sound.

haz_uk, you're an idiot.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
I've been educated in history...my bad.

The original term came from the Goths; who were a group of barbarians in Roman times. Not originally a style architecture, yes? It's meaning has changed, and became an ambiguous term for a genre of music. Stop being a wise-ass.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Quote by Dimebag Dave
The original term came from the Goths; who were a group of barbarians in Roman times. Not originally a style architecture, yes? It's meaning has changed, and became an ambiguous term for a genre of music. Stop being a wise-ass.

hi5