I am currently the owner of a very nice (dont judge) custom Epiphone LP Special II. I love the guitar, but Im thinking further into the future. When it comes to my play style, i play primarily blues lead and rhythm. I was just curious what others would reccomend as a next step up.

Im currently yearning for either a Stratocaster or n Epiphone Dot.

Any suggestions?
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Can't go wrong with a strat. HSS if you want a little more punch.

I love the sound, but i play mainly rhythm, are strats good for rhythm. I know Dots are.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
well, since your using a les paul

i think the next step up is a epiphone les paul standard
or if youd rather hold onto a guitar longer before getting yet another, id reccomend a les paul custom, id started on the same guitar and no matter what guitar i played nothing seemed as easy as another les paul, and i recently bought one of the epi customs, and they are amazing, and will hold out for a really long time, and they are almost gibson quality [talking about the expensive ones, not the cheap worn ones that are like 800 a piece]
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Quote by envoykrawkwar7
well, since your using a les paul

i think the next step up is a epiphone les paul standard
or if youd rather hold onto a guitar longer before getting yet another, id reccomend a les paul custom, id started on the same guitar and no matter what guitar i played nothing seemed as easy as another les paul, and i recently bought one of the epi customs, and they are amazing, and will hold out for a really long time, and they are almost gibson quality [talking about the expensive ones, not the cheap worn ones that are like 800 a piece]

k
Im just curious... I also need a new amp, but i already know im going for an epi valve juniour half stack
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Quote by BaconFrenzy117
I love the sound, but i play mainly rhythm, are strats good for rhythm. I know Dots are.

Yeah, they clean up for rhythm.

I almost feel like teles are better for rhythm. But that's just me.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Yeah, they clean up for rhythm.

I almost feel like teles are better for rhythm. But that's just me.

Really. Im going to Guitar Center Tonight with some friends, I'll have to test that theory.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
What really matters is how it feels in your hand, and on your body. I like Tele's, but I can't really...get the feel of one when I stand up and play it. Strats just feel good in my hands. Definitely play them both side by side and see.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712