I am about to have $50.00 and i only make $15.00 in allowance and i can do extra work around the house which is what i did for $35.00 so i when to my local guitar center and saw a cort m200 for $60.00. I am just looking to practice not really into performing i just like playing for myself. Here's the like for the cort m200 i saw http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/details.cfm?listId=104704418
I know that the dean vmx thingy is $89 and the other one is $79 and i know the squire bullet by fender is $100.00. Good news my dad will buy me a amp but not a guitar :/.
My birthday isnt like in 6 months or something so like yeah lol. I'm only a freshmen in highschool so i cannot get a job till im 16 legally .
Mods im not sure if this is in the right place please move if it is thank you .
\../ ♪♫
Last edited by sparob at Mar 26, 2008,
Your best bet with that little of a budget, is to either continue saving or find someone at your school who has a guitar laying around that you can either borrow or buy for really cheap.

If your really inspired to play, any guitar will get the job done, but a nice guitar will make that experience more enjoyable. I recommend trying to borrow a guitar, because I'm sure you can find someone that will let you borrow (or give for free) a guitar that is as good or better the ones you mentioned.
Last edited by T!AN at Mar 26, 2008,
well i do have some crap i can sell a fly fusion pentop computer, the first psp and some games, and a nintendo ds 1 all with chargers and games. What would that crap go for now?
When your dad get's you an amp, for the love of God, do not get a line6 spider or a Marshall MG. Try looking into lower end Roland or Vox amps.
i thought as a freshman you could get a job if you get the permit thing from school.... you only need to be 14 for that..... but thats only for some jobs, i refereed, umped, caddied, worked with my friends at one of there dads companies.... lots of stuff you can do now at 14 years old. yeah i made like 11$ an hour umping and stuff.... even more cadding.
Its never a bad idea to go pawn shop hunting. i found a GREAT les paul for $180 (but i didnt buy it).

and whatever you do, DONT get an MG for an amp. i already made that mistake.
if you live in america who told you you cant get a job at 16?
You just cant work over a cetain # of hours in a week (child labor laws)
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My advice is second hand. Get a mate who knows what he's talking about to take you around some shops and try some of their stuff out till you find something that suits. You can sometimes find nice playing guitars that way and then upgrade electronics later. Don't get hooked up on brand name.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by kool98769
if you live in america who told you you cant get a job at 16?
You just cant work over a cetain # of hours in a week (child labor laws)

Finding a place that will hire someone under 16 is harder than finding a hooker that doesn't have an STD.
Do not buy any guitar under $200 or you will end up hating it for the quality.
Your best bet is the second-hand market. And even there you should go for no less than $200.

Cheap guitars are ****!
save.
srsly you wont like the quality of the guitar
make sure your dad buys you a really good amp tho
most of the sound quality comes from the amp.
when you have more money, look at a cort or schecter
corts are the best guitars for under $1000 (australian dollars... dunno how much it is american)
schecters make good guitars cheap
so yeah save.
Dont buy a guitar that cheap. I did when I was your age, and I hated it so much I bought a bass. Dont ask me why. I think you should go around bumming money from people. If youre embarassed youre not determined. Id suggest hitting up your friends. Tell them to donate to Rock N Roll. Youll get a buck here in there. Then grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. Then its time to hit the streets. Just go up to people and ask for a dollar. Youd be surprised how nice people really are. If they ask why, tell them the truth.
Quote by flying jello
DUUUUDE

Look up SX guitars

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html

[edit]: They don't suck if you don't suck.

And for the love of God, the Line6 Spider and Marshalls MG are good amps...THAT IS IF YOU WANT A BOX OF ASS!

Agiles on that site are also a REALLY good value(can't say that about the amps though...), but are a bit more. Many sites will also sell "blem" or "b-stock" guitars for a good chunk less than the regular price("blem" or "B-stock" means there's something wrong with the appearance, like a blemish or scratch or dent, but nothing that will affect the sound).
Quote by flying jello
DUUUUDE

Look up SX guitars

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html

[edit]: They don't suck if you don't suck.

And for the love of God, the Line6 Spider and Marshalls MG are good amps...THAT IS IF YOU WANT A BOX OF ASS!

+1. Those are much better than the value of a Squire. And the Rondo has great customer service.
You still need an amp right?...

I'd say a Squire Strat would work for a decent practice guitar. I go on my local craigslist and find almost too many Squire Strats around that are in good condition for $100 or under. I think some of them even come with amps.

keep saving.

sell **** on ebay?

make sure you buy a guitar that you will be able to play for a while.
dont buy a guitar just so you can buy a better one in a few months time.
wow thanks guys i did not know that many people on ug actually cared thanks!