Right, well I'm writing a paper that is concerned with accounting ethics. But I can't really think of any ideas to talk about. I wrote 1 page already and it covered the different accounting code of ethics. But after that I really don't know what to write about. Any ideas?

All help is really appreciated
Quote by masterk1818
Right, well I'm writing a paper that is concerned with accounting ethics. But I can't really think of any ideas to talk about. I wrote 1 page already and it covered the different accounting code of ethics. But after that I really don't know what to write about. Any ideas?

All help is really appreciated

talk about illegal accounting affecting workers and shareholders. case in point enron. i did that essay..might still have it for a fee lulz
Quote by Br3wt4lz
talk about illegal accounting affecting workers and shareholders. case in point enron. i did that essay..might still have it for a fee lulz

Yes I plan to talk about the Enron case, thank you for the reply
perfectly
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Ethics are relative. I may think I'm the most ethical person in the world, but a Christian would think I'm going to the deepest level of hell.

(not insulting Christians, just pointing it out)
Quote by 20cdndollars
Ethics are relative. I may think I'm the most ethical person in the world, but a Christian would think I'm going to the deepest level of hell.

I agree 100 percent, and thats why im having a tough time writing this paper. It's all subjective.
talk about GAAP, insider trading, conceptual frameworks in accounting, etc.
Quote by masterk1818
I agree 100 percent, and thats why im having a tough time writing this paper. It's all subjective.

so if you need some filler in the paper write about that.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by 20cdndollars

fraud itsnt accepted in any of the major religions as far as im aware. you could go onto to talk about examples of unethical accounting in other cultures eg muslim where 'interest' is immoral. etc
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
so if you need some filler in the paper write about that.

Never thought of that, thanks for the replies everyone. Am I really in the pit?
Ignore that "ethics are relative lol" stuff, this isn't a highschool philosophy paper. You could make that comment about interest though. However, the main focus of your essay should be on unethical business practices and accounting methods.

talk about things like inflating assets, deflating liabilities and debts. Over estimating income, collection of credit, etc.
Quote by Br3wt4lz
fraud itsnt accepted in any of the major religions as far as im aware. you could go onto to talk about examples of unethical accounting in other cultures eg muslim where 'interest' is immoral. etc

Yes, but I find masturbation ethical, whereas a christian would say I'm condemned to hell for it.
Hmm. Perhaps you could add religious ethic codes and the reforms associated with the Industrial Revolution (the meatpacking industry of Chicago, as shown in The Jungle?).

EDIT: I missed the "accounting" part. I guess those won't work then, lol.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Last edited by Beware!Criminal at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by 20cdndollars
Yes, but I find masturbation ethical, whereas a christian would say I'm condemned to hell for it.

well you wont get done for tax evasion by fapping on the IRS Forms
I'm ethical enough...
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.