I'm thinking about getting a Marshall JCM900 amplifier. I saw on the Marshall website that they have a 50 Watt and a 100 Watt, the 50 only has onespeaker, and the 100 has two.

I am wondering if i get the 50, with only one speaker, could i, like, add onto it, as by putting another speaker to it???
O O

___
They arent made anymore because they were replaced by the JCM2000. I dont know how much it would be used in the US, because im in Australia and they cost more here.
uhm...i just looked at the Marshall website, and i don't see a JCM2000
O O

___
DSL and TSL

Quote by Joelieo
You could get a 50 watt combo and add a 1x12 extention cabinet onto it if thats what you mean?

Or a bigger cab if you please of course.

Oh yeah. I didnt think of that
Well, they are basically the same except one is 50 watts and one is 100.
You wont need 100 tube watts, so DSL50
i just looked at the Marshall site again, and what's the difference between a cabinet, and a MC Series?

which is better?
O O

___
I'd never heard of the MC series until now, but i just had a look, and they're just a new line of cabinets. It says they are like a budget cabinet, so if you have the money, i probably wouldnt get one
thanks so much, i didn't know ANYTHING before this, you've been a GREAT help, thanks so much!
O O

___
No problem mate. I'm definitely no expert myself! I just check the forums here a fair bit. You can learn heaps.
well i`m a new owner of a JCM900 surfinwithsatch, if he see`s this he`ll be in here (i think thats his name LOL, you know who you are)

but anyway, Marshall doesn`t make the JCM900 anymore... i own a JCM900 4500 50 watt daul reverb head... some people love them some hate them... me, i love them, my JCM900 has that roar only Marshalls can pull off, massivly overdrivin it has a Slayer ISH sound to it, still not enough balls to pull slayer off by itself but i`m sure an EQ would change that, with EMG`s this amp is a dream.

now i don`t know what you play, but i`m thrash metal type guy, and this head with some tweaking will be a very good thrash head, even by itself it will do thrash, just missin a bit of low end, which a EQ in the FX loop should take care off.

i`d totaly skip the combo and go with a 1/4 stack like mine or a 1/2 stack I just don`t see a 1X12 being nearly enough for a JCM900.
IMHO JCM900s aren't that great. The tone sounds more thin to me. I would much rather take a JCM800 with an OD
---▲===
Pink Floyd
^ well i dotn totally agree with that. I mean side by side with a 800 it does sound a bit thin. It still sounds great for indie/pop-rock. I love mine but im buying a TT so no need for the marshall. I have the 100w HGDR. I like it, sounds tons better than the DSLs IMO, but not as good as the 800s but they are too loud for my liking.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by Gutch220
I'd take a JCM900 over a JCM2000.

yep, then an 800 over a 900 then a Jubilee over and 800 (unless its 4 input early 50watt 800, mmmmmm )
Quote by davedoom
yep, then an 800 over a 900 then a Jubilee over and 800 (unless its 4 input early 50watt 800)

no way, I'll take a single channel JCM800 2203 over a Jubilee everyday of the week. The circuit was MUCH better IMO. The Jub's so expensive because they were the 25th anniversary models made for a short period and Slash played them later on, not because they "sound better". It's the same thing as the 20th anniversary white 800's or purple 30th anniversary models.