Not recently, it actually happened like, 1 or 2 months ago when I changed my strings (for the 2nd time, I just started playing last July). I don't remember exactly how it happened, I just remember it falling on the floor and I was like "WTF?" I laid it back on the wood part (for lack of a better word), the little cavity where it normally rests, and just continued putting one string on at a time, and once they were all fitted in the grooves I tuned them up to pitch and everything was fine. I'm just starting to notice it again because I've been practicing lots of bends lately and whenever I try a whole step bend between the 4th to 12th fret (to 12th fret of the 1st string) the nut moves which in turn pulls all my strings with it and makes them a bit too sharp. I have some adhesive glue that I might use the next time I change strings, but what should I do? Wish I could get a cheap Ibanez...

I use .09s if that matters.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
haha, your nut fell off.

sorry, I had to say it.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Simply take it to a shop, and have them glue the nut back on. Simple as that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Would it not be advisable to do it myself?
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
yeah dude, you could do it yourself. Just a LITTLE bit of wood glue, clamp it and let it set. The nut on my acoustic actually fractured right at the A string several years back and fell off. I remedied it with a little glue and it's been fine ever since.

If you were talking about a 1500 dollar guitar, I might tell you to take it to someone to have them do it even though if it was me I'd still do it myself.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator