I had to do a creative writing assignment for my English class in which we take a modern day person, and put them in the Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World". My paper is a 3-page epic that ultimately ends in an extremely gory zombie apocalypse.

*excerpts upon request*
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Quote by InvaderTSN
You have my attention....

Story please.

+1
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Send me it please!!!!
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
I say you have to put the whole thing in verse before it's a truly epic epic.

We had to do that for a creative writing course a few semesters ago. Mine ultimately ended up with the hero being barged in on by Cap'n Crunch's pirate ship.
Quote by paintITblack39
A 3-page epic?

Yeah, what?

I'm sorry, but that word is thrown around too often these days.
Here's the second half:

“Let’s get out of here!” they yelled. They ran from the building and people were screaming outside. Destroying the machines had caused them to spread soma throughout the city at an incredibly high dosage. People’s minds were turning into mush, and turning into mindless creatures reduced to their most feral instincts: to feed, and to kill. The soma had turned the citizens of London into ZOMBIES!!!!
Steve and Bruce opened fire on the mindless masses of London. The soma had not affected everybody equally. Some of the zombies were attacking the still sane citizens in a gory mess.
“Our weapons aren’t stopping them!” yelled Bruce in exasperation. The lasers from their guns were only making small holes in the zombies, who as we all know, can’t feel pain. Just then, Adrian had another wonderful idea.
“Follow me!” he yelled. They took a car, and drove north out of the city, splattering their windshield with gore and zombie guts along the way. About half an hour later of driving north, they arrived at a heavily forested area.
“This way.” Adrian, Steve and Bruce walked through the woods. 200 years of growth had obscured the woods, but Adrian knew where his house was. It was surrounded by massive oak trees, and the outer walls were covered in ivy. Inside the house, Adrian went down to his basement. In the years after the great war (back in Adrian’s day), he had had a fully armed bomb shelter built in his basement. Once inside, he went to the gun safe in the back of the small room.
“These always work on zombies.” He said, as he pulled out a twenty-gauge shotgun. He gave Bruce a box of shells.
“What are these?” he asked.
“Zombie repellant.” Replied Adrian with a grin. “Let’s have some fun.”
Now fully armed with shotguns, handguns, an axe, and enough ammo to supply a small army, Adrian, Steve and Bruce went back to their car. Having written a mock story on how to survive a zombie attack, Adrian informed Steve and Bruce on how to kill one.
“ The best way is to shoot ‘em in the head. That is their one weakness.” Said Adrian.
When they got back to London, They found the streets empty. This is not a good sign. After wandering the streets for a few minutes, and clearing all of the dead and mangled corpses to the side of the street. The zombies had likely formed a mob, as anyone who has seen a zombie movie should know, so Adrian instructed Steve and Bruce to use whatever debris to make barricades, so that the zombies could only come from one direction. Then, they came.
Adrian opened fire on the mob, wielding a shotgun, as Steve advanced into the crowd with an axe. Bruce fired maniacally at the mob with two .45 revolvers. The lead bullets seemed to have much more effect than the guards’ wimpy lasers. The mob started to fall back, and the three men advanced. There was blood and gore everywhere, and the three men were soon covered in it. Adrian shot a middle-aged zombie right in the gut, leaving a gaping hole for the intestines and other vital organs to fall out. Steve had hacked off another zombie’s head, leaving the arteries to spew blood from it’s open neck. Bruce was firing rhythmically at advancing zombies, but ran out of ammo quickly. Soon he was surrounded by the bloodthirsty creatures, and they ripped his entrails out as they fed on his brains. Bruce and Steve fought valiantly until the end, when they both were tired, and the mob still showed no sign of ending. The two remaining men ran to the nearest building, and barricaded the door.
“There’s no way that they’re getting through that.” Said Steve. Adrian nodded in agreement. It was then when they turned around, that they discovered that another zombie horde inhabited the building. They screamed as they tried to get through their own barricade, but the zombies overtook them, and tore them limb from limb as they fed on their insides. So began the zombie apocalypse.

EDIT: Not as graphic or detailed as I'd like it to be, but I had to keep it school appropriate. It also feels a little rushed to me. Meh.

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Last edited by COBHC728 at Mar 26, 2008,
I'd like to have the intro, possibly the first couple body paragraphs, any thing juicy in the middle, of course the most exciting parts, the climax(if anyone laughs...), and definitely the ending.

EDIT: You could have put a spoiler warning..... right when I make my post, I look up and see the most important part of the story(the part where they die)
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Last edited by algemar at Mar 26, 2008,
I named all characters after members of Iron Maiden... cuz they're british.

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
you know if you post it and the teacher uses the internet thing to check it for plagiarism, and it finds UG as a source, you will probably fail righ?
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

yeahhhh,....no offense, but you ain't gonna do so well in english this year...
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
hmmmm....lacks a bit of detail here and there, climaxes too quickly. other than that its pretty good.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Brings 2 things to mind, 28 days later and then 28 weeks later. You could have at least based it somewhere else besides London.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by DZCunuck
Brings 2 things to mind, 28 days later and then 28 weeks later. You could have at least based it somewhere else besides London.

it has to be london, that's where brave new world takes place.

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Quote by valennic
hmmmm....lacks a bit of detail here and there, climaxes too quickly. other than that its pretty good.

Lol...

I'm so immature
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Wow who cares? I could come up with something so much more interesting and creative. You shoulda wrote a story about a napkin, with a top hat, and a dream to become a taco.

Yeah I know, I should write children's books.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|