I'm considering applying there when I turn 18 for Guitar Department sales and I was just wondering if anyone knew how it works. How is the interviewing process I heard you have to be good at the instrument of the department you work in. So would that mean I'd have to play for them? They work on commsion right? How much is it starting out hourly rate and commision percentage? Is there anything else I need to know? Thanks
Where I live it's really, REALLY hard to get a job there, and there's a lot of guitarists who want to.
Quote by Powerhouse
Where I live it's really, REALLY hard to get a job there, and there's a lot of guitarists who want to.

So you do have to play for them and be really good?
No you don't have to play for them. Actually you don't even have to be good at it. There's a guy I work with at GC who can't play for ****, but he knows all about guitars and he can do all kinds of repairs, soldering and crap. You just have to know about guitars, you don't have to be good.

You do work on comission, and I've heard that the way they do it really sucks, but I don't know how it works.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
There is a kid who I know who is decent at guitar, except he only knows tabs. He got a job TEACHING guitar at my local music store.

:|
well last time i asked a sales associate for help, the he tried to tell me that an SG had a rosewood body.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
That would be an awesome job to get. Im not sure about anything they require. You can always go up to the store and ask the manager.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I thought you could be 16 and work at GC?

If not my plans just got royally ****ed.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
MY friend I mentioned got the job at the music store near my house when he turned 16, this is in Canada, btw.

Legally he could've gotten it at 15..
Quote by Spoony_Bard
No you don't have to play for them. Actually you don't even have to be good at it. There's a guy I work with at GC who can't play for ****, but he knows all about guitars and he can do all kinds of repairs, soldering and crap. You just have to know about guitars, you don't have to be good.

You do work on comission, and I've heard that the way they do it really sucks, but I don't know how it works.

Yea...you definitely don't have to be good cuz' a lot of those guys absolutely suck.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Where i live (North Carolina) you can get a job when you're 15 but you can only work a certain number of hours

concerning GC i don't believe you have to be good but you need to know what you're talking about concerning guitars
Quote by fretsonfire74
Pickup line: Hi, you'll do.
Break up: I don't like you anymore.

Quote by Rasta Dogg
I'm freakin' out here, maaaaaan
Quote by metaldud536
Send out your weakest pokemon first then switch to a stronger one to share experience points.
In Florida you can get a Job at 14 I'm just saying I think GC requires you to be 18 anyways thanks for the input guys.