Anyone used em?

Well I think I'm gonna go and pick one up and my local pawn shop cause its only 200 bucks

I don't know much about it other than its a tube amp.

any info would be nice.

its a RD-112 100w (I Think)

I've noticed it seems that it uses 6Ca7's I have not a clue what that is I've never heard of that kind of tube.
]
so thanks for the help in advance
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Pretty sure it's an older hybrid.

$200 seems alright, definately not a rip off, but I'd see if he'd go down more on it just for the heck of it.
I'm nor sure if its hybrid or not. they seem to have made ones with a tube preamp to

It's not like a normal hybrid though the tubes actually work and break up and stuff like a tube amp would

it seems that it is 1 12AX7 for the reverb and 2 of these 6CA7's or EL34's for the power amp.

I think I may have pr and power amp mixed up

yes I do have them mixed up its SS power and Tube Pre
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by Bostonrocks
I'm nor sure if its hybrid or not. they seem to have made ones with a tube preamp to

It's not like a normal hybrid though the tubes actually work and break up and stuff like a tube amp would

it seems that it is 1 12AX7 for the reverb and 2 of these 6CA7's or EL34's for the power amp.

I think I may have pr and power amp mixed up

yes I do have them mixed up its SS power and Tube Pre

Not worth it then, i say. but i have heard that they are pretty descent amps.
did you ever get your delta blues?!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Not worth it then, i say. but i have heard that they are pretty descent amps.
did you ever get your delta blues?!

nope but I will. I have about 200 bucks extra so I thought what the heck I think I'll buy it anyways I've heard its a deluxe reverb on steriods

OH btw I mixed the power and preamp up.

Solid State preamp section and Tube power section.

thats from Harmony centeral
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
nope but I will. I have about 200 bucks extra so I thought what the heck I think I'll buy it anyways I've heard its a deluxe reverb on steriods

OH btw I mixed the power and preamp up.

Solid State preamp section and Tube power section.

thats from Harmony centeral

go for it, i say.
if you think it sounds good anyways.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
well it's got some really great lush cleans ala Deluxe reverb not as good (obuviously) but still great.

I need to know about these tubes anyone know what they are they don't seem to be made anymore so what can I exchange for em. I've read both EL34s and 6L6GCs will work but I don't feel like blowing anything up so help me out here
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
well I went an played it and looked it over closely today.

the clean is friggin amazing. the overdrive is HORRIBLE I mean its muddy and flabby and just meh........but I think that that is cause i didn't have it loud enough. I turned it up to like 2 and it tightend up some but I can't be sure.....it was pretty funny I was like playin some Blues and all these old guys are standing around me smiling and nodding their heads it was hilarious.

Update: It had 6L6GCs in it and the reverb on the thing was as good as a deluxe reverb it was pretty amazing. I think I will buy it.

hopefully an OD will also help tighten up the Mud and flab in the amp
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Btw whats a good overdrive.

and could the flab and mud from it possibly be from not having the tubes changed in probably a long time? or is it cause it wasn't loud enough
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Part of it might have to do with the tubes, but I would think the clean channel would also suffer somewhat if they had gone microphonic or summat. In any event, I wouldn't buy it with expectations that the dirty channel was gonna get better than it is. Just setting yourself up for letdown.

As for ODs, you can't really go wrong with a TS-9 variant for blues. There are different flavors for all price ranges. The Bad Monkey is an awesome pedal on the cheap and I can't recommend it enough. Visual Sound's Jekyll & Hyde would also be worth a look, especially if you wanted to get all your dirt from pedals.
Its a one channel amp and its sounds good up tell the gain is about 8 then it gets this flabby yuck low end to it. and I don't think it matters if the clean is good i can just use a OD with the way the clean channel is. I kid not. It's as good as any clean amp I've ever tried other than a deluxe reverb.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
so I've got a question. if I buy a Tube preamp pedal like a tube driver or womanizer would it basically make this a full tube amp? cause it already has a tube poweramp
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Mar 28, 2008,
sorry for the triple......but ....... bump
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I really don't know.
Use the great OD on the DB for your dirty tones and the cleans on the musicman.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ahhh now your talkin good idea......I need to find an AB switch now
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
This summer i'm going to pick up a Ceriatone Overtone Special (Dumble Clone), and A/B it with my Peavey Classic.
I'm gonna have so much fun this summer .
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I really thought about getting a ceriatone I'm still wondering if the 18w plexi would be better for me than that delta blues.....
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Well, by the time you get the ceriatone shipped and assembled, it's gonna end up costing you alot more.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yah your probably right.....I've just always wanted a plexi......I'll have to see if I can squeez a plexi sound outa the DB
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era