my pickups are boring to look at, where can i find pickup covers? i've heard of them before, are they expensive?
16 bucks is the most ive seen humbuckers covers for but they change the tone of ur pickups as well, plus u only get like 2 or three colors unles u use spray pain
look it up on wikipedia that where i read up on it i heard from a bunch of metal heads who say that pick covers clean ur sound up maken it more bluesy thats why my bc rich dagger is my blues guitar because u dont get good metal tones with metal covers, honestly active pickups are good to look at and sound good
Quote by F8iscruel
look it up on wikipedia that where i read up on it i heard from a bunch of metal heads who say that pick covers clean ur sound up maken it more bluesy thats why my bc rich dagger is my blues guitar because u dont get good metal tones with metal covers, honestly active pickups are good to look at and sound good

Almost 90% sure they don't change your sound.
Maybe just more blues pickups have covers since that kind of a bluesy look?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
Almost 90% sure they don't change your sound.
Maybe just more blues pickups have covers since that kind of a bluesy look?

im totally in agreeance, the cover would have to be made of something mighty odd to change the tone significantly enough to notice it.
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Among the conventional metal covers, ones made of nickel or nickel-silver have the least effect on tone. Pickup covers generally make your tone a little warmer, and perhaps darker depending on the material. Plastic pickup covers have no effect on your tone.
does it matter if they have holes? and where can i buy them
if i got some i'd prefer no holes
unless ur confident with a soldering iron and removing stuff dont bother. I looked into this before and its not as simple as it should be. Just save some money and get new pickups and get them installed pro or by a mate that knows what there doin.