whats a good half stack in the 500-600 dollar range, also why does every one flame the marshall mgs for?
Cause MGs suck. Lousy tone for high prices = epic fail

I have one
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Because MGs sound thin harsh and downright ugly.

You won't find a good stack for 500-600. You can barely get a good combo for that price nevermind a stack.
the mg is not very good. the quality isn't assured. you could get a good one, but you'll probably get a bad one. i've played it and i don't think its worth bragging about. i bought a crate half stack for $400. its ok for a cheap solid state. 120 watts. depends what you're looking for. tube? solid state? i say, save your money a little longer and get something a bit better.
well most of the time im gonna change the amps sound with my pedals so i was just wondering cause i was looking at the guitar center site and i saw the mgs, b-52, there was a peavy for 675 but i dont no, there all half stacks and i dont have the money right now cause im on a budget of 0 at the moment but i can save up and im trying to get a job, i was looking for a cheap half stack thats good with pedals
Quote by Platinum Pro

I really hope you aren't serious.

TS, there aren't really any half stacks that are worth it in that price range.

You might be able to pick up an Epiphone So-Cal or a Randall RG50TC, but you'd still need a cab.

You'd be better off with a combo.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Actually the Peavey Windsor might be okay...

Why a stack though? Why not just get a combo, you can do a lot better for the price range you're looking at.
honestly what is the difference between combos and stacks, i ont know because my most expensive amp is 80 bucks
also since its my thread, whats a good chorus pedal, boss chorus ensemble or digitech chorus factory
Quote by F8iscruel
also since its my thread, whats a good chorus pedal, boss chorus ensemble or digitech chorus factory

I'd say Electro-Harmonix Small Clone.

Quote by F8iscruel
honestly what is the difference between combos and stacks, i ont know because my most expensive amp is 80 bucks

Combo = Amp with speakers

Head = Amplifier only, extention cab needed.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yeah, for 800 you can get a peavey valveking halfstack. much better than a mg
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
o if thats the case all the amps im looking at have the cabinet and the head
Stacks that u spend less than $1000 are gunna be garbage. Save up or buy a decent tube combo.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
yeah if you save up to $800 you could get a Peavey Valveking halfstack much MUCH better then the MG, or soo i've heard anyways

and to H4T3BR33D3R no i wasn't really serious cuz he said he had a budget soo i found some in his budget that i thought would be good soo no relaly wasn't that serious
Quote by Platinum Pro
yeah if you save up to $800 you could get a Peavey Valveking halfstack much MUCH better then the MG, or soo i've heard anyways

and to H4T3BR33D3R no i wasn't really serious cuz he said he had a budget soo i found some in his budget that i thought would be good soo no relaly wasn't that serious

So basically, you recommended him crap because you were too lazy to go look for good amps in the budget?

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by F8iscruel
o if thats the case all the amps im looking at have the cabinet and the head

Seriously, don't bother unless you're willing to spend a lot more money than that. You really don't need a stack, they're overkill unless you plan on playing in a big area.

Buy a combo.
Quote by icronic
Seriously, don't bother unless you're willing to spend a lot more money than that. You really don't need a stack, they're overkill unless you plan on playing in a big area.

Buy a combo.

+1
go to guitar center and ask to play a 100 watt tube amp.
Garuntee you wont be able to turn it up halfway before you get a serious headache/get kicked out of the store.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
A cheap halfstack, with no job and no budget. Why exactly are you looking at a halfstack then. Im going to guess you dont have a car to haul it around in either.
Do you need a halfstack?

I would be satisfied with a tube combo. And I am, if I ever need to upgrade my amp, I'd just buy an extra cabinet for it
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by Platinum Pro

If it's in your budget it doesn't mean you should get it.

I would wait around for a used gem to come out of the woodwork. I got my Blue Voodoo with an ampeg cab for $600 flat. It's a great deal because I put a 10 band EQ in front of it and this thing is immense. So if you just wait around a good amp will come.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone