Always wanted to write a tune about mowing the yard. And how all sorts of thaughts go through your head while doing so. This is actually my first attempt at writing a tune with lyrics. Im playing all instruments and singing. I know I sing bad, but at least Im getting better. Give me your thaughts on sound and mixing. Link to the tune http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6402999&q=hi

Lyrics Below

As I sit here on my mower
Im all alone with my thaughts
Never know which one to hold to
So many it drives me nuts

I shake my head to clear them all out
But I know I just cant win
I try to focus on my mowing
But those thaughts have crawled back in

Solitude of mowing the yard
Just me and the grass
Its like looking in to my soul
Thank God, just one more pass

I shake my head to clear them all out
But I know I just cant win
I try to focus on my mowing
But those thaughts have crawled back in

As I sit here on my mower
Im all alone with my thaughts
Never know which one to hold to
So many it drives me nuts
eh it was ok. It was the vocals that just didn't do it for me. First off, the recording quality is pretty good. Everything was pretty clean, clear, and audible. One thing I would say is to not pan stuff all the way to the side. It is kind of irritating (at least for me) to have all of the rhythm guitar in the left ear. The drums should be brought down a touch I think. If you can, add dynamics to drums. Don't make all the drums sound so flat. By adding dynamics can really make software drums sound great. The wah solos were friggin sweet! I have nothing to say other than good job on that. The solos kind of reminded me of Guns n Roses for some reason. For the chorus, you might want to think about doubling guitars or something so it stands out as "the chorus", not just another verse.

It was a pretty cool song. Very classic rockish and a very original topic!

Would you mind taking a look at my song?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821206
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

LMMMMMFBO, dude this is funny as hell, cuz i work for a landscape company and run a lawns crew, rofl. So i can relate to this song like a sob, lolololol. One of the lawns takes me bout 2hrs on a mower just to cut, so you can only imagine what goes through ones mind sitting out there for 2hrs, the one more pass line hit the nail right on the head, and ive actually like improv'd lil songs about it usually to pass the time, haha. Anyhow to the song, i thought the recording quality was sweet, pretty cool rythm and stuff, nice job doing all the instruments parts. The lvox almost reminded me of like offspring'ish, lol, and were aight. Also obv very original topic. Nice.
ok first off, cool intro, its like a parody of the countless 1980's rock songs about motorbikes... priceless! the guitar sounds like dynasty warriors in parts. thankyou i enjoyed this piece of music a lot i just heard those sweet keyboards at like 2:10 thats pretty haunting. well done keep it up!

please crit if you got time
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821541
Quote by shinedown98
LMMMMMFBO, dude this is funny as hell, cuz i work for a landscape company and run a lawns crew, rofl. So i can relate to this song like a sob, lolololol. One of the lawns takes me bout 2hrs on a mower just to cut, so you can only imagine what goes through ones mind sitting out there for 2hrs, the one more pass line hit the nail right on the head, and ive actually like improv'd lil songs about it usually to pass the time, haha. Anyhow to the song, i thought the recording quality was sweet, pretty cool rythm and stuff, nice job doing all the instruments parts. The lvox almost reminded me of like offspring'ish, lol, and were aight. Also obv very original topic. Nice.

Mine takes 2 hours and yep, all sorts of **** runs through you mind. Thanks for the listen
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
eh it was ok. It was the vocals that just didn't do it for me. First off, the recording quality is pretty good. Everything was pretty clean, clear, and audible. One thing I would say is to not pan stuff all the way to the side. It is kind of irritating (at least for me) to have all of the rhythm guitar in the left ear. The drums should be brought down a touch I think. If you can, add dynamics to drums. Don't make all the drums sound so flat. By adding dynamics can really make software drums sound great. The wah solos were friggin sweet! I have nothing to say other than good job on that. The solos kind of reminded me of Guns n Roses for some reason. For the chorus, you might want to think about doubling guitars or something so it stands out as "the chorus", not just another verse.

It was a pretty cool song. Very classic rockish and a very original topic!

Would you mind taking a look at my song?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821206

Drums are actually real. A Sonar Force 3007 set. Sound fake ? Hmmm. Yes the left channel guitar is prevelant but I wanted it that way. I guess I need to maybe pan it a little more right.