I was just playing it today and all of a sudden the sound cut out and now it won't make sound at all. Tried it with 2 different amps, two different cables, tried switching from bridge to neck and in between, but it's still not working. All the knobs are max, and my fender strat is working fine with amps and with the cables.

I thought maybe the problem could be the input jack being loose, but it's not. The input jack is tight, and when the cable gets near the input jack, it makes a buzzing sound, but when I plug it in, no sound.

Do I need to take this to a guitar repairman? and about how much would it cost to get it fixed?

The guitar is a schecter c1 plus by the way
take the input plate off, make sure both wires are still connected to it.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Does your guitar have Active pickups?

If it does, then the battery could be dead.

If not, it could be faulty wiring.

Just go get it checked out to be safe.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
probably just a loose solder to the input jack, open it up and see if anythings loose. you can probably resolder it yourself, if you got a soldering iron of course.
schecter s-1
nonfunctional flextone II
charvette - project guitar
Quote by exect4500
both of the pickups maybe dead

Pickups just don't die, and not both at the same time either.

It is most likely a loose connection near you input jack or somewhere along the lines.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Well, first off there's no way the pickups are, "Dead". They are magnetic and can't dye, per se.

The buzzing sound of the amp when you touch the cable end to the input jack is simply the live chord touching a grounding point. The same thing would happen if you touch the cable end with your foot when it's on the floor.

My opinion is that the input jack got twisted over time therefore stretching the two wires going to it and snapping the lead wire's soldering point. The fix is simply and easy as long as you have even a little soldering experience. You'll be able to see where the wires need to be soldered.
Quote by jj1565
take the input plate off, make sure both wires are still connected to it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. The black wire isn't connected anymore. How would I go about fixing this? Do i just replug it in myself or what?
its prolly the input jack wires..it happened to my peavey guitar, u can resolder it easily without having to pay someone to repair it
I have no soldering experience at all....I don't even have the tools to be able to do it.

Would it really cost more than about $10 if I have a professional fix it up for me? I really don't want to risk messing my guitar up even more
Quote by ilikeguitar90
I have no soldering experience at all....I don't even have the tools to be able to do it.

Would it really cost more than about $10 if I have a professional fix it up for me? I really don't want to risk messing my guitar up even more

A professional would chrage like 20-25 bucks. Go out to radioshack and invest 10 bucks on a decent soldering iron and gain some experience, this won't be the last time this is gonna happen.

Bes sure to practice a lot on an old circuit board or cd player first.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?