I supposed to be in two different bands at the same time. both of my friends are starting bands and they want me as lead guitarist. Im planning on going with both, but i don't really know what to expect. One is going to be a thrash metal, death metal kind of band. And the other is going to be more alternative. Should i go with both or stick with one? if i go with both what should i expect? help please.

Thanx

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

THRASH METAL
Ibanez RG350DX - ESP LTD EC-500

Peavey JSX 212 Combo - Digitech RP 250
I think it would be possible to do both, I want to start two bands but havn't had time to do them both, I have been way busy, as long as u have the time to commit to it i think it is possible to do two bands at once
It might be a good idea to have a set practice time for each band. like you practice with one band on saturdays and the other on sundays.

That will help to avoid problems.

I fall else fails you can take best members from each band and form a supergroup
absolutely join both. Unless you're uber one dimensional in your musical tastes, neither band will wholly satisfy your musical needs on their own. Being in two bands can be way more fulfilling on that front. As far as what to expect, just expect to be at twice as many band practices as you would with one band. Judging by your age, I don't think either are going to get super serious, so you'll have plenty of time for both.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
do both, stay with whichever one makes you the happiest. nuff said...
Enter something refreshingly witty here:
If you go with both, expect having to split your time efficiently and fairly. Expect having to stretch yourself thin at the whim of many more bandmates than most people. Expect less time for yourself if you're serious about both bands. Expect being more frustrated when you have to book live shows.

However, while I'm making this sound like a total pain in the ass, it can be actually quite rewarding if you're serious about what you do and enjoy the challenge. I myself am currently taking on many projects (one full metal/prog band, one progressive rock/jazz fusion solo project, one progressive rock online collaboration with a few friends of mine, and I'm in charge of one even larger collaboration which is making a rock opera based on the anime Haibane Renmei), and I am enjoying having my talent pooled into so many projects at once.

Basically, it's something you'll just have to try and see if it's something you're cut out for and enjoy.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Do both. Concentrate on the metal band because alternative... well you don't even need to think
Quote by civildp1
absolutely join both. Unless you're uber one dimensional in your musical tastes, neither band will wholly satisfy your musical needs on their own. Being in two bands can be way more fulfilling on that front. As far as what to expect, just expect to be at twice as many band practices as you would with one band. Judging by your age, I don't think either are going to get super serious, so you'll have plenty of time for both.

Agreed.
Being in two bands is really only a problem when one or both of them is constantly gigging every week. Everyone in my band has side projects, it's what keeps us on our toes.
Word of advice though, if both bands get to a decent gigging stage, either try to be the guy who sorts out the bookings diaries for both bands or make sure that when one band gets a gig, it goes into both bands diaries, that way you'll prevent any double bookings.
just don't find yourself not being able to fully commit to either, and then join another two. that's what my bassist/best friend did. Never trusted him to turn up to a rehearsal since.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
My Dad is in 4 bands. He says it was hell at first but after he learned to manage his time correctly he was set. I'm pretty sure if you managed your time well 2 bands would be no problem.