well i was on project guitar seeing how to take the paint off a guitar body using chemicals... but it never actually says WHAT chemical to use. Is it just regular paint stripper? or is it something special that i won't be able to find at home depot?
Quote by F8iscruel
i used paint stripper it worked pretty well

ok cool. just wondering what kind of wood is the guitar you did this on? it's not that cheapy Les Paul copy you made the thread about, is it?
les paul copy thread?
no but if ur guitar is painted it will come off with paint thiner, there is a layer on top of the wood that should stay on thats what mine is, mine was a first act body, but it still had a laquer and paint top, the paint remover wont mess the wood up in any way tho so as long as its paint it shall be fine
Quote by F8iscruel
les paul copy thread?
no but if ur guitar is painted it will come off with paint thiner, there is a layer on top of the wood that should stay on thats what mine is, mine was a first act body, but it still had a laquer and paint top, the paint remover wont mess the wood up in any way tho so as long as its paint it shall be fine

sorry must've been thinking of someone else. anyways thank you very much that helps a lot.
I remember hearing something about airplane stripper... I'm going to try to look it up, but I remember it being a used to strip the paint on a guitar to get it ready to be primed then airbrushed.
Quote by WickedBeast666
http://www.topchimie.com/aircraft-paint-stripper.html <-- that it's one mean paint stripper... but it's only mean to paint. "Pretty neat actually"

wow that stuff looks pretty gnarly... if it's all the same to you i think i will just use regular paint stripper. the guitar probably didn't even cost as much as one can of that stuff...
True, I was just throwing it in there. I'm sure paint stripper will do the trick. The chem I tossed in there was for absolute perfect stripping with minimal sanding, "the airbrusher was lazy" Also it was done indoors. So fumeless was a must.
You can get airplane stripper at an automotive store for $10 a can. If your guitar is covered in polyurethane then its the only way to go (at least if you don't want to be stripping for 4-5 days.)
Custom Strat
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
Fender Blues Jr.
Crate V18

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
*Starts stripping for 4-5 days* .... Then again I think the stripper music would get old by day 2.... but oh well.

*damn pitted mind*