for a heavy metal style? i asked earlier but i had to leave and so now i need to revive my question.

like i said. i play heavy metal/death metal. what pickups would be good for screaming harmonics?

right now i have my stock pickups in my ESP EX 260. most pickups would be a step up. but i want some high quality.

P.S. no comments on the amp. i have a decent amp. i dont need a new one.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
actives for sure but look into them cause the 60s supposed to be a good emg but the common 85/81 setup is good to
right now the stocks are EMG 301 set.

im thinking some seymour duncans. but im not sure what would be best.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Quote by forsaknazrael
I really think that if you're not happy with your tone, you need to look into a new amp.

New pickups aren't going to magically give you "screamin' harmonics". That's dependent on your amp and your technique.

+1
ive been playing my friends peavey windsor. hes moving and he said hell prolly give it to me cuz hes gettin a krank.

so theres the amp. and i know its not my technique cuz with his guitar with blackouts i can do harmonics amazing. its just mine that i cant sustain them.

so any suggestions?

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Well, are you aware that different guitars have different scale lengths, and therefore different harmonic nodes?
The pinch harmonic sweet spots are located in different places.

In other words, where I might hit a sweet pinch harmonic on my SG might not be in the same area as on my Strat.

When you use his guitar, are you using it through his amp?
well if you like the blackouts in your friends guitar you should get them....easy as that
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Headbanger_1
ive been playing my friends peavey windsor. hes moving and he said hell prolly give it to me cuz hes gettin a krank.

so theres the amp. and i know its not my technique cuz with his guitar with blackouts i can do harmonics amazing. its just mine that i cant sustain them.

so any suggestions?

Yeah, exactly.
You're harmonics and sustain aren't great playing through your amp because ______..
ive played both guitars through his amp. he has an FX and i have an EX almost no difference besides hardware.

i think im just gonna get the blackouts if nobody has any recommendations. but ill look at the 81/85 too.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Blackouts are probably best if you don't need cleans and you end up getting the Windsor. They won't make a good difference in your current amp, so don't expect miracles or come back whining about how your tone still isn't good.
Oh wow sorry I totally misread this thread. Are you sure you're getting the Windsor? Cause I would wait until you actually get it before you just drop $250 bucks.

The Blackouts are the best option.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Blackouts are probably best if you don't need cleans and you end up getting the Windsor. They won't make a good difference in your current amp, so don't expect miracles or come back whining about how your tone still isn't good.

at this point i will be getting the windsor. hes ordering the krank next week. as long as he gets it the amp is mine.

i just need a little change.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
The Blackouts would give you those harmonics you were looking for
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted