do you think i need a upgrade on my wah
i believe mine is the dunlop original crybaby i've heard some bad things about it
it tends to really buzz and such during distortion
would a zakk wylde/dime/slash wah work better?
i need something well rounded basically
wide sweep range
with metal wah and original funk/blues wah
suggestions?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
original wah is good but do u have it before or after ur distortion pedal and i would go with any of the custom pedals but if u get the zakk or dime ones get their distortion pedal to go with them they just destroy when combined or you could get both and mix them together, they do cool hings when u double up wahs
What's your budget?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
budget would probably be selling the old wah for say 50? maybe?
so around 120-130 my guess is
i really like the looks of the zw edition
what about that one
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
the zakk wylde one from what i heard is okay, if ur looking for heavy get the dime one
should the wah go before or after the distortion?
right now i have it at the end so after
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by KingJustinian25
The Crybaby 535Q is probably the most versatile one.

The 535 isn't that versatile IMO, it just lets you select between 6 different sweep caps. I have a 6 way switch on my wah and I only use 2 of the settings.

TS, unless you're planning on buying a Fulltone or RMC or something, I've found that a modded Crybaby will do the trick. Also, the original crybaby and the signature wahs are usually a few (or less) components away from being identical.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
mod it! new wah pot, new inductor, higher quality caps, new switch, input/output buffer and a few value changes will give you a great wah for $50-$60. and you can always do it a little at a time if you dont want to shell all that out right now. like change a couple resistors to get the sweep/q-range you want, then upgrade the switch, and so on.
Quote by acdclandon
should the wah go before or after the distortion?
right now i have it at the end so after

Before. Try it before everything before you don't like it. If you still don't like it then maybe mod it or send to get it modded for 30 or 40 bucks.
you get a better distorted effect if u line it up after, it how hendrix did it give the wah mor power over the pedal before it extending the ability of it thru the wah in a sense
they're saying to get mine modded
how would you do that
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
ah how would i send it in to get modded?
where?

Either mod it yourself, or get in touch with ECistheBest.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by acdclandon
they're saying to get mine modded
how would you do that

Oh, I was referring to the guy two above my post. Sorry about that. You could do some research online about wah mods or go to the Ultimate Wah Modding Thread and ask there. Then you could buy the parts needed and do it yourself. You could also buy a kit on ebay or something and then do it yourself or have someone you know that knows electronics do it. It isn't that hard to replace a few components and solder new ones in.