So we played our first show at the regions most popular club, The Living Room. We opened to a crowd of about 70 and it went well. The only strange part was I messed up the easiest song on the set but killed everything else. I went into a part 2 measures too early in Norma Jean's "Memphis Will be Laid to Waste", stupid as hell, I know lol. I think it was nerves, this being my first real live performance. I have played in front of people at Berklee before but this was different, this was my music. So all in all we did well and I'll be uploading vid for people to crit my sound, the sound tech at the club approached me and said I have a tone that reminded him of Dimebag, very trebly but chunky at the same time. I thought that was cool.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Congrats, I bet it was fun.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
cool and congrats, i wis i could form a band and do shows but i cant find anyone at my skill level in my area, theyre all better than me or dont have an instrument that i want them to play lol
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
So we played our first show at the regions most popular club, The Living Room. We opened to a crowd of about 70 and it went well. The only strange part was I messed up the easiest song on the set but killed everything else. I went into a part 2 measures too early in Norma Jean's "Memphis Will be Laid to Waste", stupid as hell, I know lol. I think it was nerves, this being my first real live performance. I have played in front of people at Berklee before but this was different, this was my music. So all in all we did well and I'll be uploading vid for people to crit my sound, the sound tech at the club approached me and said I have a tone that reminded him of Dimebag, very trebly but chunky at the same time. I thought that was cool.

My congrats...seriously...but here comes the inevitable second opinion:

What did they think?

Dude, if you play guitar, you're not an idiot...so you have a gut feeling (or an obvious) feeling whether they liked it or not. I want to know what happened after the curtain closed.

Seriously...my first show went horrible. But if yours did as good as you say...the next step is to write your own entire show. "Memphis Laid To Waste" is garbage (musically speaking). You need to either step up with the technical quantity or with the lyric quantitiy.

No offence dude, I'm just giving you advice.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Blow Me

What did they think?

Dude, if you play guitar, you're not an idiot...so you have a gut feeling (or an obvious) feeling whether they liked it or not. I want to know what happened after the curtain closed.

Seriously...my first show went horrible. But if yours did as good as you say...the next step is to write your own entire show. "Memphis Laid To Waste" is garbage (musically speaking). You need to either step up with the technical quantity or with the lyric quantitiy.

Yeah dude, I totally see what your saying. I could play Memphis with my balls if I wanted to, I just got lost in my nerves and lost count. We only do that song because my singer likes screaming so he gets to drop guitar duty for a song and scream his head off. If it wasn't for that we'd be covering An Autopsy by the Faceless haha. If you listen to our music on my page we got pretty good stuff, its just that I like to know my bandmates are having the best time so I let them have these moments like this.
After the show was great. The promoter that put us on the bill told us he is putting us on a very high profile show next month with a band thats doing a one-off reunion, and this band literally swept up all of MA and RI when they hit the scene so its going to pull a good ammount of people. I was also told we pulled the most people for the night and made the most money.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
lucky bastard...i'm still trying to find a good band to join, right now i'm only in a christian "rock" group....first gig (hopefully last for me) i couldn't hear myself at all...soundguy (drummers dad) was gay...
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Sweet sounds like fun. I have a gig coming up with my band too. I mean I've performed before but this is just my first time performing with this band. I'm excited anyway.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

We had a 25 minute set and thats what it was for all the bands since there was 6 of us. I just can't wait til July 19th because we are slated to play with Bury Your Dead.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
First gig was probably one of my fondest memories. But don't sweat messing anything up. People are willing to forgive things when you do really well with other things. The main thing is not panicking. If you push through messing up, usually you'll go downhill. If you take a breath and come back in you'll do fine. I'm sure if you really work hard and everything we'll here about you in a couple years. If not, at least it's fun. Always remember that you can't prevent everything, so if you train yourself how to deal with certain situations you'll be all set.
The real question here is how much ass did you score?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by dudius
First gig was probably one of my fondest memories. But don't sweat messing anything up. People are willing to forgive things when you do really well with other things. The main thing is not panicking. If you push through messing up, usually you'll go downhill. If you take a breath and come back in you'll do fine. I'm sure if you really work hard and everything we'll here about you in a couple years. If not, at least it's fun. Always remember that you can't prevent everything, so if you train yourself how to deal with certain situations you'll be all set.

Yeah my drummer actually saved me from my mistake by coming into the part right away. So it's true as long as you dont panic things will work out for you.

I scored no ass lmao, my mother was at the show videotaping.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
If I sound guy said I sounded like Dimebag, I'd probably kick him in the face, Leondias- style.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If I sound guy said I sounded like Dimebag, I'd probably kick him in the face, Leondias- style.

Why do you always have something negative to say in every thread? Is this your calling in life or something? He didn't say I sounded like Dimebag he said my tone was like Dimebag's.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
We had a 25 minute set and thats what it was for all the bands since there was 6 of us. I just can't wait til July 19th because we are slated to play with Bury Your Dead.

Bury your dead? Awesomeeeee I'm seeing them in a month or so with Parkway Drive and Suicide Silence
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Why do you always have something negative to say in every thread? Is this your calling in life or something? He didn't say I sounded like Dimebag he said my tone was like Dimebag's.

That's what I meant, if my tone was Dimebag- esque I'd probably **** a kitten.

Sorry, I'm a tone nazi. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, and Dimebag pulled off scooped mids better than most guitar players could. But I still think his tone's pretty awful.
Damn, this thread just reminds me of how much I need a band. I played I tiny gig for my sisters party a year ago. All it was, was the two songs that me and my old band knew all the way through. I wouldn't even call it a gig.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Blow Me

What did they think?

I don't agree with calling 'Memphis' a terrible song, since I'm a huge fanboy of that CD, but nonetheless- I don't see why bands cover other bands. Play your own ****. It just seems like filler when bands do this, like they can't wait to perfect themselves. No one likes to hear their favorite songs butchered.
Quote by MustangMan311
I don't agree with calling 'Memphis' a terrible song, since I'm a huge fanboy of that CD, but nonetheless- I don't see why bands cover other bands. Play your own ****. It just seems like filler when bands do this, like they can't wait to perfect themselves. No one likes to hear their favorite songs butchered.

Well, if you're doing you own thing with the song it often sounds quite cool. My band does a sort of upbeat, pop- punk version of Peter Frampton- Baby, I Love Your Way, I love it.

Note- for note covers are easier for bands that are just starting out to do than writing their own stuff, anyway. It's better to play other people's songs than play your own crappy ones.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
The only strange part was I messed up the easiest song on the set but killed everything else.
When you say killed, do you mean, mess up horribly or do good?
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by EvilDomo
When you say killed, do you mean, mess up horribly or do good?

I mean I nailed all my parts.

And this whole cover thing is just a crowd pleaser at the most, we have only been a band for about 1 month or so. We knew we couldn't write and perfect our technical material in time for this show so we had to do 4 originals and 2 covers (I forgot to mention we used the '28 Days Later' theme song as an intro as suggested by Insideac). The crowd went off when we played that song (Norma Jean) so I think all in all it was a good choice. It will most likely be scrapped before our next show, we will probably pick a harder cover if we even pick a cover, something like An Autopsy or One Shot One Kill.

And our songs aren't crappy if that was supposed to be some sort of stab at me.

And yes I am very excited to play with a large band like Bury Your Dead if it indeed happens.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone