I found Musicians Institute and thought it looked good. Apparently its well know and has a good reputation. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on the school?? If so please respond.
I know the lead guitarist for Avenged Sevenfold took Blues Guitar there, that's about all I know though.
Quote by Ziggy936
I found Musicians Institute and thought it looked good. Apparently its well know and has a good reputation. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on the school?? If so please respond.

I went to GIT. Would highly recommend not going there.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Another bassist
I know the lead guitarist for Avenged Sevenfold took Blues Guitar there, that's about all I know though.

^yes that guy teach there now, and there's paul gilbert and a bunch of other guys
Quote by GuitarMunky
I went to GIT. Would highly recommend not going there.

Why not? Any specific reasons?
Call me Batman.
If you want to learn theory, take a course in jazz. I'd imagine there are more prestigious places available to you. Places like GIT and their equivalent places over here in England all seem to be a bit to 'gimmicky'. No doubt they teach you the right stuff, but i'd do some research into more classical university/colleges offering courses in music/jazz. You want to get the best teaching and the best degree.

Just depends what sort of environment you want really. Just my 'two cents'.
Quote by shmooty
If you want to learn theory, take a course in jazz. I'd imagine there are more prestigious places available to you. Places like GIT and their equivalent places over here in England all seem to be a bit to 'gimmicky'. No doubt they teach you the right stuff, but i'd do some research into more classical university/colleges offering courses in music/jazz. You want to get the best teaching and the best degree.

Just depends what sort of environment you want really. Just my 'two cents'.

Having gone there, that is my opinion as well.

Quote by J.A.M
Why not? Any specific reasons?

I could go on for hours about why but to sum it up:

I found it to be gimmicky, and overall not very realistic or effective. I got much more out my local community college, and university.

Regarding GIT'S reputation..... when I was there, it was very common to see ads for guitarists that would say "no GIT".

would highly recommend a university over MI.

that being said, Richie Jovie liked it, and I know others did as well. All I can do is give my opinion based on my experience.
definitely get more opinions before making your choice.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Mar 27, 2008,
Maybe I just got good teachers. Most of which were very Jazz orientated. I went there to understand more about harmony/theory and performance, that is what i got. I didn;'t go there for technique I had that nailed years before attending.
What are some other colleges/universities that are good and are along the same lines as MI?? I really want a good college so as not to waste money on something not worth my while.