i play rhythm guitar in my band. We play rock/alternative. I think i might want to invest in a multi effects pedal but i am not sure which one. For $500 or less what is the best one.
the POD X3L is about $500 US i think. Also, check out the Boss GT-10
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
i got the boss OD-20 cost me 100$ but it runs for about 245$ at stores, its a pretty good pedal,
if you want live changing go with the line 6 pod X3
but if you want to set it early
and save some money
just get an old fashioned pod 2 or 3
I am awesome

I agree with myself

Third Ninja Commander of the UG Society of Ninjas.
Pods suck, the distortions are sterile and digital.
in the end, get something that sounds good to you, but I'd reccomend a Vox tonelab. Boss is not a bad way to go either, I hear good things about the Gt-10. haven't played one yet myself though.
also being able to make tones easily and a good clean sound as well as distortion is very important to me
tonelabs are knob based, don't get much simpler than that. turn the knobs till you like the sound. punch a button to save it, done, easy.
Half the people you will talk to will tell you PODs suck, half will tell you Boss sucks...and half will tell you anything digital is garbage. 150% of people are probably wrong...it's just a matter of getting the sound YOU want. Listen to clips of the units online (youtube is great for this), play them in the store, find what YOU like, and go with it. Everyone else can shove it. I know that doesn't point you in any particular direction, but hey, I only know what *I* like!
Quote by hexapus
Half the people you will talk to will tell you PODs suck, half will tell you Boss sucks...and half will tell you anything digital is garbage. 150% of people are probably wrong...it's just a matter of getting the sound YOU want. Listen to clips of the units online (youtube is great for this), play them in the store, find what YOU like, and go with it. Everyone else can shove it. I know that doesn't point you in any particular direction, but hey, I only know what *I* like!

+1

I think the Boss GT-10 looks pretty tastey though.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
What kinda amp are you using and how many effects you need? Personally I'd go for individual analog pedals rather then one big unit so you can pick the right OD or Dist. or Flanger whatever....that is if you care about that. You might buy a multi effects and not like certain effects on it. If you just want a bunch of effect and don't care much if a multi-effects unit might color your amps tone (I'd be worried about that if I spent money on a good tube amp, thats why I asked which amp you got). Its personally up to you though. Just look through the usual suspects. Pods,Boss etc and see which you like best. You have $500 or less to spend right? You could get all the pedals you need, downside is carrying them all but thats what pedal boards and carrying cases are for. Always pluses and minuses in everything
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Not a POD fan, sounds very digital compared to others. I mean they are all digital, but some do better at masking that fact. I own a GT-8 and you'll be able to find them a little cheaper with the GT 10 hitting the market. It is wonderful and provides smooth sound and is broad as far as tone you can achieve. Plus there are literally tons of files available on the net to download custom sounds for import. For the money, it is the best current effects processor IMO.
Washburn N4
Gibson Les Paul Standard 60's neck
Warmoth Strat w/ SD and fender PU's
Carvin VL212
ADA MP1
Boss GT-10