Page 1 of 2
Before I ask this, I want everyone to know that 1. I think gay people are cool and 2. I know Im stereotyping but I base this question off of my own observations.

Why is it that most gay people have a really good sense of style? Seriously, I wish I had the fashion sense that they have. Is there an actual reason, or am I just being a stereotyping prick?
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
ive seen gay people with the worst since of taste in the world, looking like really poorly dressed people who got dressed in the dark
you have obviously never met a Bear.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by F8iscruel
ive seen gay people with the worst since of taste in the world, looking like really poorly dressed people who got dressed in the dark

hate to say i told you so
HI THERE
Quote by zippidyduda

Seriously, I wish I had the fashion sense that they have

somebody hiding something.....
Damn my stereotypes. Oh well, where I come from, gays are the best dressed people around. And thats not to say that everyone where I live is badly dressed, I live in the preppy part of San Diego, but gays usually take the fashion cake.

Must just be a local thing.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by echofreak
somebody hiding something.....

No, Im straight. And if I were gay, I wouldnt want to hide it, because then I could be well dressed, and who wouldnt want that?
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by zippidyduda
No, Im straight. And if I were gay, I wouldnt want to hide it, because then I could be well dressed, and who wouldnt want that?

did you ever think the reason they dress like that is to attract other gay people. why would you want look like them or even admire the way they look if you arnt gay.

i think your a little gay like 10% at least
Quote by echofreak
did you ever think the reason they dress like that is to attract other gay people. why would you want look like them or even admire the way they look if you arnt gay.

i think your a little gay like 10% at least

So Im gay because I admit that many gay people I know are very well-dressed?

And are you straight? If so, have you EVER so much as looked at another guy?

If so then, by your logic, you are gay. And so is practically every other man in the world.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

random fact: apparently all girls are at least 10% lesbian. I'm not sure I believe that, though.
Quote by amaqqut
random fact: apparently all girls are at least 10% lesbian. I'm not sure I believe that, though.

I beleive it. In fact, its hard not to beleive it.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

I don't know many gay guys/girls, but I do know that being gay is only a sexual preference. They may adopt the style of scene/goth/metal/skater. There's also the fact that many hang out with girls a lot. Get what I'm saying?

Basically, if you want to be able to dress well, hang out with chicks.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by amaqqut

sounds like you just made that up...
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
sounds like you just made that up...

I didn't actually, one of my friends told me. I don't know where they heard it from, though.
no comment
wtf?!
if i don't have a comment why bother posting?
thisismysignatureitisveryveryveryboringandasyoucanseeicouldn'tthinkofabettersigwhenididthissig
Well girls usually care a lot more about fashion than guys, so maybe gay guys are trying to emulate that?
I've been friends with a few gay guys(don't get any crazy ideas; I'm straight); some dressed really nice but some also wear stuff that would make Stevie Wonder cringe(on a sidenote; I'm not a fashion guru).

Not trying to sound like a prick; but I think you might just be stereotyping; at least a little bit.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Quote by alaub1491
I was wondering why do so many gays have the gay lisp. i know that many dont but a large amount do.

Is it genetic or is it a choice?

I'm curious as to that too..
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by alaub1491
I was wondering why do so many gays have the gay lisp. i know that many dont but a large amount do.

Its from all the dick sucking
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?
brutal cabbage you sire are, in all sense of the word, a LEGEND no abbreviation can portray the hilarity of what u hav bequeathed to us, i love you for this

I am loved!
Quote by alaub1491

Well, I dont have a lisp, hell, I can barely say the word lisp for some reason, but anyways. For the most part, I think alot of gay guys have a lisp because they "want" to have one, as in, they want to fit a horrible stereotype that makes me wanna kick them in the teeth for being stereotypical like that and, giving average people who just happen to be gay, a bad name. . . . . *ahem*

I can understand if a person is just how they are, but you can usually tell when a guy is just trying to fit a stereotype insted of being themselves. Most gays aren't like you see on TV, but unfortunatley a decent amount want to emulate that stereotypical-ness and gives a bad name, just like blacks and all the gangsta rappers on TV, gives blacks a bad name, when really, most of them are really good people (as TV has done this to many types of people and races). So thats my 2 gay cents/rant added to this discussion.
Thing is, it's much easier to be a stereotype, so people sometimes fall into the trap. Which is a shame
Quote by mulletman500
Thing is, it's much easier to be a stereotype, so people sometimes fall into the trap. Which is a shame

i found it hard to read your post with that Red, Giant distracting CAKE!

as for the topic, unfortunatly i know quite a few gays aswell, and yes, a large majority dress damn nice! they helped make me a partial chick magnet! (lol) But there are a couple that are just creepy aswell, they dress all goth and wear heels and shat(together at the same time!!!!).

But they are all great people and funny. i just hate when they try and make a pass at you, or when they tell you,you are hot. i dont know how to reply.. lol
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Quote by amaqqut

i believe this one ..........and agree with it ..........i mean sometimes u see Girls Flirting EACH OTHER about their hair & stuff ......... LOL its funny to see that tho
FANTASY , EVERYBODY HAS ONE
Quote by Blue-toxic
i believe this one ..........and agree with it ..........i mean sometimes u see Girls Flirting EACH OTHER about their hair & stuff ......... LOL its funny to see that tho

and they always go to the bathroom in groups... think about that one guys..! i almost never see them go alone
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Quote by amaqqut

I'll let you in on a secret:

10 percent of every person is gay. Even you.

And on topic, just talk to girls and ask them (not random ones, your friends) about fashion if you want to dress with style. Be prepared to come off as gay, but this way you don't have to be gay and can still dress with style. Yay!

I honestly don't know why I as a straight man have no sense of style, and I imagine it would be very much the same if I were gay. I don't think that your sexual orientation has as much to do with it as you think.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by alaub1491

PHAIL
Seriously guys, lets seperate "GENDER" (the socially constructed, generic set of ideals of what constitutes man and woman), "SEX" (the biological difference between the species; male and female) and SEXUALITY (the sexual preference of a male and female.)

The way people dress and their sexuality has very little to do with one another. There are stereotypes that people may want to conform to, but you cannot generalise these stereotypes to everyone. As someone did argue in this thread, a gay person can have a horrendous fashion sense. Of course, the very nature of what looks good is so objective that the very point of asking "y gai ppl dress gd" is pointless.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Quote by amaqqut

76% of all statistics are made up on the spot
Quote by DisgruntledDuck
Seriously guys, lets seperate "GENDER" (the socially constructed, generic set of ideals of what constitutes man and woman), "SEX" (the biological difference between the species; male and female) and SEXUALITY (the sexual preference of a male and female.)

The way people dress and their sexuality has very little to do with one another. There are stereotypes that people may want to conform to, but you cannot generalise these stereotypes to everyone. As someone did argue in this thread, a gay person can have a horrendous fashion sense. Of course, the very nature of what looks good is so objective that the very point of asking "y gai ppl dress gd" is pointless.

Agreed, but I believe the word you are looking for is subjective. Objective is pretty much an antonym of subjective.
Meh, most of the gay people I know have terrible dress sense.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by National_Anthem
PHAIL

Would you care to actually explain your stupidity?

I was merely asking an educated question based on something I, along with many people, have seen in their daily lives. Seeing that this thread would draw people of the gay persuasion, i thought it would be a logical question to ask to clear up my misunderstanding.

You just randomly insert a tired internet meme after bolding random words and accuse me of failing?

You sir are the "Phailure".
Quote by amaqqut

How do you pull of being only part gay (unless you're bisexual)?
Quote by National_Anthem
Agreed, but I believe the word you are looking for is subjective. Objective is pretty much an antonym of subjective.

Thanks buddy, I always get those two confused!
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Some just know fashion some just dont, it's related to sexuality, check out metrosexuals for example.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Page 1 of 2