Hey all...I've been reading all over about a good amp to get for practice/taking over to parties with friends and whatnot....I know NOTHING about solid-state amps and haven't purchased one in years! ( I had a Crate GX12 in 1996...yikes!)

Last solid state I played on was a Line6 Spider 212 but that was years ago.

My problem is that I have a JCM800 half stack and all the goodies for gigging but I lack a little amp I can grab and take somewhere with me...My JCM is fricken huge and a pain in the *ss to go places.

I am looking to get a single 12" combo amp (no bigger!), non tube or a simple hybrid to play with in the house or take over a buddies to jam with.
I will NOT be gigging with this thing because that is what my JCM is for.
I'm doing alot of reading and im getting mixed reviews on amps such as the

VOX AD50VT or the Line6 Spider III 75w or roland cube or even a CRATE with DSP.

Like I said this is strictly for home use or taking over a buddys house and playing for people...

I am looking for an amp that has effects built in because I have a huge pedalboard with MXR pedals on it that I do NOT want to move around unless im getting paid.

So basically a 1 12" combo amp with effects built in...with a nice tone!

I play can play close to anything so Im looking for a good clean to an aggressive metal tone.

Im looking to spend around 300 to 400 bucks on it, no more.

thanks for your input!

Steve-0
weird I got a time out error from UG so I hit post again and now I got two posts......... lol
How bout a Pod Xt and some headphones? you can hook it up to a speaker to play with friends, if not I'd actually take the spider for just practice
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by forsaknazrael
Delete on of the threads, then. You can find the delete option by editing your first post.

taken care of...lol

anyway back to the original question...
Quote by sirlimecat
How bout a Pod Xt and some headphones? you can hook it up to a speaker to play with friends, if not I'd actually take the spider for just practice

nah its gotta be an actual amp that I cant take somewhere, not a pedalboard or unit
If your rock-ish tones are more important i'd go with valvetronix. if you're more about metal than go for the cube. Valvetronix (to me anyways) does rockish tones better, but metal is cube for sure.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer