I plugged in my guitar cable into an adapter, and into my mic port. Then my computer monitor went black. And the power button for the monitor started blinking.

Some help please?

The weird thing is that the mic input seems to be working, I can heard the sound perfectly when I play. It's just that the monitor dies everytime I plug it in.

I'm using a Realtek AC97 Audio sound card, by the way.
I have endless problems with Realtek drivers. I get loads of stupid things with the mic port. Things like programs not opening unless i have something plugged into the mic port. Im sure a google will help you, its most likely to do with realtek sound card problems. Also, xp or vista?
Quote by aradine
i wish i got disowned by my grandparents so i could stay home tommorow and fap.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX

Amps:
Vox Valvetronix 30
Quote by t3h guitar n00b
I have endless problems with Realtek drivers. I get loads of stupid things with the mic port. Things like programs not opening unless i have something plugged into the mic port. Im sure a google will help you, its most likely to do with realtek sound card problems. Also, xp or vista?

Ah, a fellow sufferer.

But now I'm wondering if I plugged it into the right input. I plugged ze 3.5mm input into a blue colour input. It has a symbol below it, a circle with a l at the top of the circle. Sorta looks like a power switch really. The symbol, I mean.

Windows XP. Was wondering if it's worth the time, trouble and money to change my sound card.