Poll: Why do you play guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Why do you play guitar?
Enjoyment
37 77%
Be Famous
9 19%
Meh, iono
2 4%
Voters: 48.
I did a search already and couldn't find any thread like this. So no search bar jokes please

Why do fellow UGers play guitar? For the pure enjoyment of playing? Or the dream of going big and become famous?

I'd like serious answers, no idiots.

I;m curious to know.

As for me I play because I enjoy music, if i become famous, thats just a bonus

Cheers
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
well i want to be a pioneer in music like kurt cobain.

i wanna make a new sound! not anything like death metal or emo
I do it to enjoy it but being famous is just a bonus :P

and i think there was a thread like this once :P
Would like to do music as a career, but I don't care if I get famous or not. But yeah, because I enjoy it, especially the writing part.
Lols, I just wanted a new hobby but now I've come to enjoy playing my guitar. I don't much like the idea of going famous - too much pressure. Meh.. I'm weird like this xD But yeah... enjoyment is the main reason I play.
I play guitar to entertain and influence people. In return I receive pleasure and self-confidence from giving my joy of music to others. I try to do what my heroes did for me, basically.
I play purely as a hobby for enjoyment,I am too old to chase after the dreams of making money from music!i normally just get a few beers and jam with other guitarists and friends occasionally at weekends.
A very big goal for me is to have at least one person tell me I'm an influence to them.
I play simply because I enjoy it...It's an outlet for me...I can be as creative as I like and it feels good to play something you wrote and have people actually enjoying it.
Quote by Avedas
A very big goal for me is to have at least one person tell me I'm an influence to them.

Do you practice guitar as often as you possibly can? Are you passionate about what you do - music-related - and do you strive to be the best you can be at it?

If so ...you're an influence to me.
Quote by Mud Martian
Do you practice guitar as often as you possibly can? Are you passionate about what you do - music-related - and do you strive to be the best you can be at it?

If so ...you're an influence to me.

Well, I try
I play because sound is a universal language, so learning how to create it is essentially like learning a new way to communicate. I just love creating licks that send a chill up my spine, just like if you heard "Sh, I'm not going to hurt you" as you drop your pants to take a shower, or like when you get pissed off over a break-down, as if somebody just shanked your best mate. Music has the power to invoke emotions, and because of that, I play. I love sounds that are soulful, not just that generic crap we hear in Guitar Center.
Quote by ChrisN
Not enough poll options.

What needs to be added?

And so far no pointless comments, me likey
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
the first two.

I enjoy it and I want to be in a succesfull band, and want to bring something new to music. Since nowadays its so repetitive.
|-----| Gear |-----|

Ibanez RG(cnt remember)
Marshall MG30DFX
Line 6 Guitar Port

YOUTUBE PR0NZZ
enjoyment but id also like to be famous
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
part of Trumpet Player's Alliance
Pimus sucks group
80s rock group
Quote by frozen_soul
ummm testicular cancer?
I picked up a guitar one day and didn't understand it but i saw potential. I played that thing hours on end learning the notes in the first position, playing stupid little songs, getting used to that damn E note a space and 3 ledger lines below the staff. I learned songs like "smoke on the water". I learned more songs, got better, learned some theory. Now, the potential is comin out. I love it to death. I play guitar because it: speaks my heart through notes (expresses myself), creates the music i know and love, and because i know if i try hard enough i can do this passion of mine for the rest of my life whilst getting paid for it.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I do it because I love music.
It gets me pumped

Plus (and I'm sure I speak for a lot of guitarist when I say this) there is no feeling like playing up on stage in front of a full house.
I play guitar to create music. I'm more adept at playing the guitar than I am at other instruments so naturally it's my first choice.
I love to play the instrument, writing music and the rush of playing shows.

Besides, if you don't enjoy playing, you're playing guitar for the wrong reasons in my opinion.
for the lulz
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt