I'm choosing between 2 ESP-LTD's to get to play some heavier stuff.
they are the;
MH250NT - upgraded to EMG 81 in the bridge.
and..
SC-600 Stephen Carpenter Signature Model - as stock.
anyway, which would be better suited to heavier styles of music?
thanks.
omg................just go play the damn things and pick the one you like best. why would you want to play a guitar that someone else said is best without trying it first. you would think people would know this by now..............
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
omg................just go play the damn things and pick the one you like best. why would you want to play a guitar that someone else said is best without trying it first. you would think people would know this by now..............

This guy is completely right.

You're asking someone for their opinion on a guitar, something that you've got to play yourself to know how it feels.

I don't like Stratocasters because they don't feel good in my hands. If I were to ask Eric Clapton which guitar he likes, what do you think he would say?

Go play them both. Pick what YOU like.
Quote by GuitarFreak1387

maybe hes played em' both and can't decide asshole. I'd go with the MH250NT btw
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
maybe hes played em' both and can't decide asshole. I'd go with the MH250NT btw

no need for name calling.........

i just dont see the point in asking other people what guitar they should by. If he is buying it for him, he should pick what he wants, not what others tell him to pick.

to METAL MILITIA1,

from. The asshole
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
no need for name calling.........

i just dont see the point in asking other people what guitar they should by. If he is buying it for him, he should pick what he wants, not what others tell him to pick.

to METAL MILITIA1,

from. The asshole

well I see your point there but its pretty hard picking a new guitar and if he probably just wants to know which ones better spec wise. sorry for the name calling btw
Quote by GuitarFreak1387

Can't play either, feel or whatever doesn't worry me.
I just want peoples opinions on what will sound better for metal, as this is all i want the guitar for.
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
well I see your point there but its pretty hard picking a new guitar and if he probably just wants to know which ones better spec wise. sorry for the name calling btw

I was not picking on the new guy, just telling him how it is.

there are many threads like this. It makes me sad thinking how many people have gotten guitars that other people told them to get only to be dissapointed after thy buy it.

btw, you forgiven
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
I was not picking on the new guy, just telling him how it is.

there are many threads like this. It makes me sad thinking how many people have gotten guitars that other people told them to get only to be dissapointed after thy buy it.

btw, you forgiven

I didn't say you were picking on the new guy. i said its hard picking a new guitar lol. I see about 5 of those threads a day.
Quote by tomrules
Can't play either, feel or whatever doesn't worry me.
I just want peoples opinions on what will sound better for metal, as this is all i want the guitar for.

To be honest. im not a big esp/ltd fan myself, but thats just me.

but knowing esp/ltd. both the guitars you named probly have humbuckers in them *without me even looking at them*, mubuckers for the most part are good for metal and rock and everything inbetween.

I also see that you plan on switching to emg's. (once again im not a fan but thats just me) i would check to make sure that the pickup routes are large enough to hold a emg first befor you buy the guitar. if not there are other active PU's out there.
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
I didn't say you were picking on the new guy. i said its hard picking a new guitar lol. I see about 5 of those threads a day.

wow i realy read that one wrong. my bad
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
To be honest. im not a big esp/ltd fan myself, but thats just me.

but knowing esp/ltd. both the guitars you named probly have humbuckers in them *without me even looking at them*, mubuckers for the most part are good for metal and rock and everything inbetween.

I also see that you plan on switching to emg's. (once again im not a fan but thats just me) i would check to make sure that the pickup routes are large enough to hold a emg first befor you buy the guitar. if not there are other active PU's out there.

The MH250NT has been upgraded to an EMG 81 in the bridge already.
I understand that Humbuckers are fine and whatnot for the "heavier stuff", but i want something strictly for hardcore/metal.
I've got my sg etc for punk etc...
i looked at the esp site. im not seeing the sc600. im guessing its his 6 string.

eather way. they would both work fine. its just up to you to choose your music maker.
Steve only has 7 and 8 strings. As far as I know, an SC-600 doesn't exist. That being said, they are completely different guitars. The MH-250NT has an agathis body, and agathis = ew. I would go with the SC if you like it, but might I suggest you have a look at the MH-400NT?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by tomrules
The MH250NT has been upgraded to an EMG 81 in the bridge already.
I understand that Humbuckers are fine and whatnot for the "heavier stuff", but i want something strictly for hardcore/metal.
I've got my sg etc for punk etc...

an SG can do metal just fine, but if you really want a new guitar, go for it.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Carpenter does have 6 string models, as well as his 7's and 8's. Only problem is that i think they were discontinued a while back, but there is quite a price difference between the two guitars:
LTD
Agathis body
LFR trem
single EMG 81

SC600 (assuming you can find one)
Mahogany body probably
Dual EMGs

Already the difference is obvious, what sorta budget do you have anyway?
the thing with metal guitars is, they're made for really niche audiences so the companys know they will sell, so they make them quite cheaply.
even though they make look beautiful, most are poorly made (especially bc rich and dean, ibanez are like the the line6 version of guitars i find).

except jackson and esp, these make beautiful guitars
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
I wouldn't be so mean as this guiy was to you, BUT they're right You have to go play the guitar. Its like dating you got to date 50 fat chicks for 50 dollars and then you gotta date 50 mroe just to find the right one.

its the same so go out there and play them.
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Some people may want opinions on a guitar that they don't have access to playing.