Page 1 of 3
Johnny Thunders, Bob Quine, that bloke from Television, Deniz Tek, Captain Sensible...basically a load of punk guitarists.

And no, I don't know that bloke. Because I don't like shred too much
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
i know he is now heard of more than he used to because of guitar hero. but i think that buckethead is still underrated most people have heard of jordan but that is not his best song even
The guy from Klaatu was pretty awesome. if you don't know then google, and then purchase some albums your ears will rejoice.

good songs, anus of uranus, calling occupants of interplanetary craft, around the universe in 80 days.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Cral Roa.
Mostly noted for his work in the Jazz Fusion band The Magic Elf.

I dunno, I don't think I've heard a song by him that I didn't like.
Look him up on myspace. (at school, sooz no link)
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
I don't think Jonny Greenwood gets all that much recognition, but I could be wrong.
Believe or not but half of my friends cannot stand DimeBag Darrell. They say he is blown way out proportion... I think their idiots
Michael Angelo Batio
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
duuuuuuh..... lets see....

1/van halen
2/yngwie malsteen
3/john frusciante
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
I'm gonna call Izzy Stradlin, listen to his solo stuff, he is really impressive.

Edit: forgot Doyle Dykes, gay name (see what I did there) but awesome finger picking man.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Mikko Lindström.

No matter who I talk to, even the fans of his band(s), have ever heard of him.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
guthrie govan is possibly one of the best players I have ever heard. (Funny coinsidence is that I only know of kotzen due to a guest solo he played on guthries album).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v1JKVBypsK0

Allan holdsworth is another fantastic player not many people have heard of

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uJF5zB7YcXc
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by Toasty25000
I heard the search button is pretty underrated, though he can't shred too good.

+1
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
izzy stradlin is incredibly underrated, just because he played as a 'rhythm guitarist' for slash. malcolm young also, even angus constantly says that hes the better guitarist, its just that malcolm likes to drink and he thinks drinking would mess up his lead guitar playing. brad whitford of aerosmith is practically unheard of, but hes pretty good as well.
Quote by classicrockrox
I was SERIOUS

I mean DEAD SERIOUS

HERMAN LI IS SO UNDERRATED ITS UNBELIEVABLE

i seriously dont know how many times i can say this herman li is the totally opposite he is so overrated it is not even funny. people think he is so good when many other people are so much better than him. he is a total d-bag not to mention chinese
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
izzy stradlin is incredibly underrated, just because he played as a 'rhythm guitarist' for slash. malcolm young also, even angus constantly says that hes the better guitarist, its just that malcolm likes to drink and he thinks drinking would mess up his lead guitar playing. brad whitford of aerosmith is practically unheard of, but hes pretty good as well.

at a kid this kid knows his stuff
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Nuno Bettencourt wins at most underrated guitarist.

+9000

He's incredible, but all he's known for is "More than Words"

EDIT:
Quote by Sugarbananamilk
Jimi Hendrix and Slash

The thread is asking for UNDERrated, dude.

OTHEREDIT:
Quote by PlayMadness
Mikko Lindström.

No matter who I talk to, even the fans of his band(s), have ever heard of him.

I can't stand HIM, but I've seen a video of him improvising at a show, and he really is pretty damn good, and his playing is really tight and neat.
I just really don't like his bands.
Last edited by synpet713192 at Mar 27, 2008,
Tons of guitarists here on UG!!!

but also Izzy Stradlin is amazing great feel of music and an incredible player and writer His work just leaves me speechless lots of the time. Wrote parts of pretty well every GNR song
Quote by deadhead876
i seriously dont know how many times i can say this herman li is the totally opposite he is so overrated it is not even funny. people think he is so good when many other people are so much better than him. he is a total d-bag not to mention chinese

How is Herman a douche? He isn't arrogant or anything, he actually makes fun of himself quite a bit.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Page 1 of 3