I'm buying a guitar rather cheaply and I was going to replace the hardware (gold doesn't look good on this one, the hardware will be black) and the pickups.....But this has a licensed Floyd Rose on it. (I'm not sure if it's that or Official that isn't too good) I was wondering locking tremolo system would you recommend to put on this thing? and where I could buy one.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
the licensed floyd roses are terrible, they're made of a rubbish material so they end up not staying in tune and such. I personally suggest an ibanez edge pro tremolo if you can get your hands on one, that or pay out for an original floyd rose.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
If it has a patented Floyd, then its a nasty cheapo copy that floyd has patented (hence the name) (it'll say "licensed under floyd rose patents" on it somewhere)
you'll want to get a genuine floyd rose original, they are the best locing trem system, I recently replaced my patented crap with an genuine one, sounds awesome, and i can go crazy with the dive bombs and wiggles and it all stays in tune. it'd usually set you back about £130, dunno the equivalent in us$.

I also changed the pickups on my guitar as well, and what you need to do is to either find some guitars that have the type of pickups you like the sound of and try them out... or you could just go onto the brand's site and they usually have soundbites.

i replaced mine with a seymour duncan |george lynch in the bridge, a Hotrails in the middle and a '59 in the neck, and it sounds like an angel's orgasm!

rock on
Last edited by Jackie235 at Mar 27, 2008,
Id suggest just buying a guitar with good hardware. If the wood sucks its gonna be a waste of time, effort and money.
If you can find one, the Ibanez ZR (zero-resistance) trem is amazing! The feel is truly wonderful. You can have a single string go out of tune without the rest of them being affected. May be hard to find though.
Not all Licensed Floyds are bad. The one on my ML has never given me any troubles, and I've done some pretty extreme dives and squeals. I've heard that some LFRs are good, while quite a few are crap. Can't go wrong with a OFR though.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
I think I'll have to pass on one for now since I'm not willing to pay all that moeny for something I might not use too much, thanks for the help though....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls