Hey.
I'm seriously considering buying this guitar but as it is a new gear I can't find many opinions about it.
In fact I can't find even one opinion about it...

So here is why I ask you guys to give me some opinions, predictions or anything you could possibly tell me about this gear xD.

Thanks for help.
your gonna wanna change the bridge to an origina floyd

good neck
good body
ive never liked ibanez fret work much, but thats just me.

looks quality and ive heard good stuff about S series pups
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Why should I replace that bridge?
Is this new ZR stuff problematic or it's just you who doesn't fancy it same as neck?
Have you played this guitar yet?
a friend of mine pretty much collects high end ibanez's (he's got 2 xiphos in his closet for cryin out loud) he's a pretty well known metal player in our city.

he hates em, same with the edge 3.
but again try em out, its all subjective.

just make sure wherever you buy from has a good return policy in case you dont dig it
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
The problem is that I want to buy it from USA for literaly half of the price I would have to pay in my own country.
Obviously in Poland Ibanez is so high-end'ish that it comes to cities every 4 months or so, so I am not able to check it out before buying and I have to rely on guitarists opinions.
And how about S2170? It has 22 frets but I guess I won't be using all of them like I never used to and it has got different bridge and pups (are they the same pups as in RG2550Zs?).
Also not having dots on any frets apart from 12 one is a bit annoying but that is not a big deal.
I also love the way S2170FW looks while S5470 is in most editions crappy looking and RVF eddition is probably limited.
So how about S2170? Is it by his and your opinion better than new S5470?
Quote by fosho
a friend of mine pretty much collects high end ibanez's (he's got 2 xiphos in his closet for cryin out loud) he's a pretty well known metal player in our city.

he hates em, same with the edge 3.
but again try em out, its all subjective.

just make sure wherever you buy from has a good return policy in case you dont dig it

There's nothing wrong with the ZR bridge - you'd have a hell of a time replacing it with a Floyd anyway.

The pickups are pretty "meh", but that's the only real problem with it, and that's nitpicking really.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Sory steven seagull, but I'm not englishman so I don't get this "meh" allusion.
Could you explain it to me somehow different?
S2170 is Korean made and they're considered to make crappy necks.
However both S2170 and S5470 have got ZR bridge.
The only difference is the version of it. (ZR and ZR2 in S5470)

I've been looking for opinions about S2170 and it gets all 10 everywhere including commendations about "great ZR brigde".
Quote by fosho
your gonna wanna change the bridge to an origina floyd

good neck
good body
ive never liked ibanez fret work much, but thats just me.

looks quality and ive heard good stuff about S series pups

Changing the ZR-2 to an OFR will cost loads of money and work, which isn't worth it seeing as the ZR-2 trem is meant to be pretty good. If you want to buy a guitar with an OFR, get one with an OFR.

Quote by Shadowy
Sory steven seagull, but I'm not englishman so I don't get this "meh" allusion.
Could you explain it to me somehow different?
S2170 is Korean made and they're considered to make crappy necks.
However both S2170 and S5470 have got ZR bridge.
The only difference is the version of it. (ZR and ZR2 in S5470)

I've been looking for opinions about S2170 and it gets all 10 everywhere including commendations about "great ZR brigde".

"meh" means that the pickups on it are pretty bland and nothing special. Which sorta suggests for you to change out the pickups on it afterwards.

The neck on the S2170 isn't crap in anyway, it's just the exact same as the necks as the lower models which aren't crap. Of course, the main problem is that the S2170 is made in Korea, which is plain outrageous because for the same money, you can purchase a Japanese Ibanez which will be built to a much higher standard than a Korean guitar. Of course, that's up to you to decide whether the guitar is made pretty well or not.

Regarding bridges, the ZR2 is meant to be better than the ZR with the addition of a push in arm. Both are good though!
Then the deal is done.
IBANEZ S5470BW-RVF is soon going to be ordered.
BTW: This limited colour is absolutely awesome!
^Good to hear! You know the drill... go buy the guitar and take a million pictures of the beast!
Yes, we want to see pictures. You're one of the first UGers to be ordering one of these guitars, so we want a review and some guitar pr0n.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Last edited by Shadowy at Mar 27, 2008,
yeah s5470bw-rvf ftw.

i just bought one yesterday and its incredible. and i got it for $AU2600 with the fitted prestige case, and the rrp of the guitar alone is 3200. hells yes. and now im on the road home to play it for the first time on stage 2day. enjoy it wen u get it dude u made the rite choice.

*shredgasms*
Quote by goobs
yeah s5470bw-rvf ftw.

i just bought one yesterday and its incredible. and i got it for $AU2600 with the fitted prestige case, and the rrp of the guitar alone is 3200. hells yes. and now im on the road home to play it for the first time on stage 2day. enjoy it wen u get it dude u made the rite choice.

*shredgasms*

There's a disturbing lack of pics in this thread, eventhough two people have bought one recently
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Serendipity
Oh my goodness. Here's an album from Squider of the official Ibanez forums.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Squider/S5470BWRVF

It's absolutely stunning.

Yup, it looks great!

I'm wondering what those new Ibanez pickups sound like, although this Paul Gilbert vid gives an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jml2odkJWQI
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I've linked all the best galleries I could find.
Everything looks clear and perfectly in there.
I assume that there is no need to make 50 pictures of the same guitar from every possible angle,is it?

Bonsaischaap==>I know this video but it has been recorded by some kind of amateur.
The result is pretty crappy sound quality.
We won't get much detailed sound properties from that.

(Once I get it I'll try to record something and post so that you could actually hear it).

ketiov==>Juz wiem.
Znowu trzeba bedzie wydac 700zl na nowe pickupy -.-.
It would be better if they delivered guitars without pickups and you could put inside any kind you want.
That would allow us to save money on that crappy Ibz/Dimarzio pups.
Everyone seems to be so relaxed about changing pick ups.
Do you all have soldering iron machines?
The luther will surely charge me for around 50$ to replace these crappy ones with DiMarzio Evolutions.
Last edited by Shadowy at Mar 29, 2008,
W tym kontekcie "meh" znaczy "moze byc".

We all hope you enjoy that guitar. Took you a while to choose one, hehe.
Quote by Shadowy
Then the deal is done.
IBANEZ S5470BW-RVF is soon going to be ordered.
BTW: This limited colour is absolutely awesome!
wait wait...although UG has a lot of knowledgeable people, I'd have to say for the most educated Ibanez opinions, hit up the forum here: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73430&highlight=s5470 and look around.

I'm considering the 2008 S5420 and read a lot of good reviews from people who had bought it at NAMM or online. There were also overseas people who bought from www.thomann.de who had things to say too.

Check it out first. Good luck .
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Hey man! Cheers to a fellow Pole!

Sluchaj, lepiej bedzie jesli kupisz na allegro cos innego niz Ibanez. Jak zlapiesz okazje, to dorwiesz moze nawet cos lepszego. Ja na przyklad dorwalem Kramera Barette 1 z 1987r za marne 900 zl.

EDIT: Tak w ogole, to ja nie jestem zbyt wielkim fanem Ibanezow... Nie polecam w sumie. Jak porownasz je z innymi wioslami, to zobaczysz ze to jednak nie jest to. Jak dla mnie to ani jakoscia, ani dzwiekiem nie zaskakuja. A duszy tez im brakuje... sa nijakie.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Last edited by binjajer at Mar 29, 2008,
PL:
W centrum Krakowa nie ma gdzie ani czego porownac.
Taka jest prawda.
Jesli chodzi o gitary i wiekszosc sprzetu elektronicznego, Polska prezentuje poziom Etiopii.
Nie dosc, ze prawie niczego nie ma, a z powodu beznadziejnego dystrybutora czesc sklepow zrezygnowala calkowicie ze sciagania Ibanezow, to jeszcze ceny sa 2razy wyzsze niz w US.

ENG: In centre of Krakow (one of the most prestigeous city in Poland) there is nothing I could check out-literally.
When it comes to guitars and electronical stuff Poland represents the level of Etiopia.
Not only there are no Ibanez guitars due to a horrible distributor (some of the shops resigned from selling Ibanez at all) but the prices are 2 times higher than in USA.

So I have no way of comparing anything.
I know one thing hovewer-I want a good, smooth, easy to shred guitar which will allow me to improve my skills (tapping, sweeping, pinch harmonics).
Generaly this is meant to be a guitar for fast playing.
As the RG series is regarded to be fully shredding stuff I've decided on S prestige as it is more "civilized"-you can play much more stuff than only metal.
I can always get Seymour Duncan pups on bridge (for more rocky sound) and DiMarzio Evo on neck (for metal shred).

I'm tired of crappy Fender keys, bridge, tremolo and everything apart from wood.
I had to replace almost everything and I'm fed up with this company.
If having a guitar with "soul" is all about changing everything in the guitar apart from body, than thanks-I'd rather get less "soulfull" guitar and not worry about paying tremendous bills to luthiers who take 300$ for working 1-2hours and obviously another riddiculous prices for the guitar parts they buy from the most expensive shops not even looking at internet auctions.

If I had a soldering iron machine and luthier's experience I could buy badly made guitars and repair every crappy part.
But as I don't have non of these I don't want to be forced to visit Our Majesty-Allknowledgable-AlwaysHavingNoTimeSoYouHaveToWait2WeeksForHavingAnythingDone-Unreasonablyexpensive
Luthiers every month.

BTW:As Herman Li (Dragonforce) uses his Ibanez S2170 with ZR bridge can hang his guitar on that bridge and says it's perfect while doing everything with that bridge (whammy bars, shred, tapping....) and the ZR2 bridge in S5470 is just a slight modifications I'm pretty much concerned that this new bridge should be at least as good as ZR.