i am looking for something cheap (under $300), preferably with a tune-o-matic bridge. i want something with really good action. i was thinking of a jackson v but i mainly sit and play and it doesn't look to comfortable. something really light too would be good. thanks for any advice
Last edited by cantcme2 at Mar 27, 2008,
dont ever get a V if you're going to sit and play haha
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
go for a Kramer Striker. They're about that price, they have dual quad rail humbuckers, they are awesome metal axes. I love mine to death. best guitar i've ever played. owned by gibson now, which to me is a negative, but then so is jackson. seems like gibson keeps buying all the small companies that make better guitars. oh well, not to get off on a tangent, schecter, ESP and Ibanez guitars are all good too.
Quote by sashki
Classical position?

I agree with this guy, v's are easy ot sit and play in that position, although if you are used to playing a conventional shaped guitar you might find it slightly awkward at first.
a v teaches you to play classical style while sitting. play as many guitars as you can and don't buy based on brand alone. theres more than fender and gibson so try some deans and schecters and.. ...drool. get the picture?

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Quote by jimRH7
I agree with this guy, v's are easy ot sit and play in that position, although if you are used to playing a conventional shaped guitar you might find it slightly awkward at first.

I play super-strats that way sometimes. It's rather comfortable, depending on your sitting posture.
Quote by TWISTEDFender
go for a Kramer Striker. They're about that price, they have dual quad rail humbuckers, they are awesome metal axes. I love mine to death. best guitar i've ever played. owned by gibson now, which to me is a negative, but then so is jackson. seems like gibson keeps buying all the small companies that make better guitars. oh well, not to get off on a tangent, schecter, ESP and Ibanez guitars are all good too.

jackson is owned by fender

and your tangent is accurate enough. those companies are all really good.
i personally do not find it comfortable, if i may reword my thoughts. i find that no matter the guitar, if its a V it is always slipping all over my lap.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.