well.. here' what i'm thinking of... i cant really afford a new amp or something.. but i have to get my sound extended a bit... so
currently i own a Marshall Valvestate 102R (i don't really plan on getting another amp... im quite happy with this one) http://www.allthekit.com/ir26.html
so.. in order to get more sound i checked musician's friend for guitar cabs... i checked the marshalls first... but since there is no cab under 400$, except MGs... i went on to peavey's and crate's .... my eyes stopped at this ;
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-BV412-4x12-Cab?sku=487795
it seems pretty deacent for its price... i checked the reviews too... and i'm kinda interested in that one...

so here are the questions...
-what would the sound be like??..
-would it change it a lot..??
-is it even possible to place a combo on the top of a cab... i mean... would the cab hold the combo on the top?

i mostly play punk/rock.. and yeah.. i'm not looking for the exact copy of the sound coming out of the combo amp... i'm just looking for something that would extend my sound...
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
its not going to change your sound too much...crates are low quality anyways
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by htsktim91989
its not going to change your sound too much...crates are low quality anyways

Correction.
Low quality Crates are low quality.

It's like saying all Marshalls suck because they made the MG.
Quote by -Collapse-
Correction.
Low quality Crates are low quality.

It's like saying all Marshalls suck because they made the MG.

smart ass, you know what i mean!! hahaha, although i dont find that crate makes a lot of high quality gear...the only one that comes to mind are the palominos and the blue voodoos...im sure theres more though
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Find a cheap bastard filled with V30's instead.

Also, a 412 cabinet is a LOUD mother****er. I was supposed to get a 4x12 to extend my ePenis, but got a Good 2x12 cab instead.

EDIT: i also chose the 2x12 to make the cab work more for the sound. I don't plan playing in front of thousand people yet, so a 412 ain't nescesary.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Quote by perkristian876
Find a cheap bastard filled with V30's instead.

Also, a 412 cabinet is a LOUD mother****er. I was supposed to get a 4x12 to extend my ePenis, but got a Good 2x12 cab instead.

EDIT: i also chose the 2x12 to make the cab work more for the sound. I don't plan playing in front of thousand people yet, so a 412 ain't nescesary.

yeah i got your point there... but if nothing goes wrong... i will play in front of 1k ppl by august.... ;D
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
yeah i got your point there... but if nothing goes wrong... i will play in front of 1k ppl by august.... ;D

Why don't you just mic up the amp?

Now. I played a valvestate through a MG 412 cab once. It was freaking awesome!
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Quote by perkristian876
Why don't you just mic up the amp?

Now. I played a valvestate through a MG 412 cab once. It was freaking awesome!

orly?

i mean... are the MG cabs as sucky as the MG amps?
cause if they arent.. i'd rather go for a marshall... i fell more comfortable buying it.. cause i can kinda expect what am i about to get... (never owned anything else)
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
To add something more constructive to the thread:
I'd say buy something with better speakers, rather than something with more speakers.

You can always buy a 2x12 with good speakers and then if you feel you want a 4x12: buy more speakers/another 2x12 cab. But if you buy 4 low end speakers and later decide you want 4 high end speakers, you've spent the money you spent on 4 low end speakers and then you're buying 4 high ends too. So you ended up spending more.
^+1

I really think you should save up enough to a Marshall 1960 cab if you really insist on 412 cab. or a Marshall 1936
Get a 2x12 loaded with Vintage 30s or similar. I've heard much good talk about 'Avatar' though I have zero eperience with them - don't think they're common over in the UK.
Incidentally if you're playing in front of 1000 people without being mic'd, 100W solid-state might be a little underpowered. And if you are mic'd up, there's little merit in getting a new cab...