I recently bought myself a new (used) Morris Elecktical Les Paul Copy.
It produced in the early '70's (!) and has good ol' Maxis pickups. I really really think its a beautifull and verry good guitar (for only $100,- incl Hard Case!, Thirdowner!).

What i personally would like to know is: What's your opinion on these Morris guitars? Some Pics:

What i know for myself is that Morris is not known very well around the world and have produced good an bad series... My (guitar) teacher told me this one is from the good series.... and from playing it for a short period of time i can only conclude the same...
ummm 100$, hard case, good guitar?... no way... it is beautiful indeed... but there's gotta be something wrong
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
ummm 100$, hard case, good guitar?... no way... it is beautiful indeed... but there's gotta be something wrong

Ah well, $100,- it was 125,- Euro (roughly $100,-)
But hey, i would like to invite everyone to check it out but i can't pay for all the drinks

My teacher has a collection of 5/6 Morris guitars en due to the fact that they are not well known there so cheap (second handed). The are produced in the 70's to mid 80's (or less) and after that... pooffff. company closed. In 2004(?) they restarted Morris guitars and now there know as Moridaira and only produce acoustic guitars...

From what i know, Morris is known as producer of the first good Les Paul copys around...
OMG!!! I miscalculated!

125,- Euro is almost as much as $200,- bucks!
Haha, i calculated the other way around!

Haha, stupid!
it dosent have a normal les paul neck...so the sound must be diffrent
It's indeed different (not always bad ofcourse), but is can produce simular sounds as fas as i could tell...
Quote by hitl
it dosent have a normal les paul neck...so the sound must be diffrent

Can you tell me what the big difference is?
Quote by sjaakhaas
Can you tell me what the big difference is?

that appears to be bolt on unlike your standard les paul not to mention they should have painted the back of the neck but anyways it looks nice the neck looks like it could be somewhat smooth ill say good buy
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone here know more about electric Morris guitars? I own what was said to be a '70 version of this guitar, restored with original parts, so it looks old but feels new. Will post some pics if I get feedback here. Bought it for R2500 (R11 for a Euro, R12,50 a Pound, R7,60 a USD, aprox) in South Africa a year and a half ago. Couldn't find much on it back then.
Any info welcome, and sweet ghit dude!!

Cheers vir eers

J
i have one too, i paid around 130 dollars for it and i think is a still, an also a piece of history, very happy with it if i see another one i would probably buy it
Attachments:
m2.jpg
Last edited by b.c_rich at May 19, 2010,
hello!!

can you please tell me where is possible to buy a morris les paul.

in my family we had one, but we lost is sight.....

it was like this:

I love this with maple fingerboard but it has been difficult to find...please help me

my mail is:

box23box23@hotmail.com

thanks