if I hook a behringer V-amp 2 up to a cab, will it work, as if it were a head?

i want to buy an orange cab and eventually a head, but they're not really that cheap... at all
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Nope. The V-Amp is only a pre-amp. It's not powerful enough to drive the speakers in a cab. You need a power amp, or a regular amp, instead. My suggestion would be to find a Crate Powerblock amp. 150 watts and has virtually no tone. You could just run the V-Amp into the effects loop of that and get the desired power-amp effect.
Quote by Denthúl
Nope. The V-Amp is only a pre-amp. It's not powerful enough to drive the speakers in a cab. You need a power amp, or a regular amp, instead. My suggestion would be to find a Crate Powerblock amp. 150 watts and has virtually no tone. You could just run the V-Amp into the effects loop of that and get the desired power-amp effect.

No, I want Orange, but to buy the cab AND the head right now, is too expensive for me
Thanks
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Buy a combo then.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Maybe a combo? Or you could get the head and some other (good, but cheaper) cab?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
Maybe a combo? Or you could get the head and some other (good, but cheaper) cab?

that similar to what im doing. i have a Peavey Studio Pro 112 which has an expansion jack to hook up a Peavey 412M cab.
The Rocker 30 Combo costs £50 more than the head in the UK - it's a no-brainer if you're not made of money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Denthúl

Quote by TDKshorty
No, I want Orange, but to buy the cab AND the head right now, is too expensive for me
Thanks

I think you misunderstood him. You would still get the Orange cab, but you would be using the Powerblock simply as a power amp. Your rig would then be:

V-Amp -> Powerblock -> Orange cab

The simple truth is you have to amplify the V-Amp's signal to a level high enough to drive speakers and you NEED a power amp to do this. A head is simply the combination of a preamp and power amp in one box. The Powerblock is (in my opinion) completely useless as a head, but makes an exceptional power amp.

If you're in the US, look at the Avatar Contemporary series cabs. They're exact replicas of the Orange cabs (even down to the available color scheme) at about half the price and with more speaker options.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM