My NS-2 is crapping out on me, time to replace it.

And I was wondering, should i go for a rack system? I could probably just consist of a gate, a BBE, and a tuner.

Or am i better off to get an ISP Decimator, a TU-2, and a Sonic Stomp?

The rack unit in question is http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rocktron-Hush-Super-C-Guitar-Noise-Reducer?sku=180605
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Rack would probably be a bit better, and a lot more expensive. Plus it's a lot easier to move the pedals around IMO.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
yeah.. try shorter cables and stuff like that first
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
ISP Decimators also exist as rack systems and are supposedly better than the pedals. They also have 2 inputs & outputs so with 1 rack you can reduce noise between your guitar & amp, and between preamp & poweramp. Ultimate noise reduction although it will suck the tone as well I assume
The SuperC is excellent for the price, but still doesn't quite compare with the ISP products. The Decimator ProRackG is expensive, but I've yet to find a better noise reduction system.

Another option to look at is one of the units from TC Electronic. The G-Major has an onboard tuner and noise reduction system, as well as a bazillion other things. The Nova system has most of the same features but adds analog overdrive/distortion at the front of the signal chain.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Ventor
Ultimate noise reduction although it will suck the tone as well I assume

Not so much, actually. It does cut the overall level a little bit compared to what it is if you bypass it, but the tone stays in tact quite well. Also there's a low-pass filter on it that gives you one more knob to turn in order to fine tune the sound you get.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Getting the rack Decimator is a waste IMO. You could just get two of the pedal ones and put one in front of your amp and one in the effects loop. It would be much cheaper and do the same thing.

It's safe to say that a $500 rack noise gate will outperform any cheap pedal.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Getting the rack Decimator is a waste IMO. You could just get two of the pedal ones and put one in front of your amp and one in the effects loop. It would be much cheaper and do the same thing.

Actually you're incorrect. The first channel on the ProRackG isolates the guitar signal and the second channel uses that information to track the guitar signal after the preamp. Both channels work together to isolate the guitar signal from the noise instead of simply offering two channels. In order to do this with pedals, you'd need a regular Decimator pedal running straight into the guitar input on a Decimator G-String and still have the G-String in the loop, but then you still have the issue of the regular pedal version being inferior to the other units in the first place. The only reason I can think of to do this is if you constantly need to turn them on or off while playing.
Im not looking for crazy noise reduction. I just need to stop feedback and tighten up the sound. I just kinda like the idea of not having to use a powersupply in the rack. bahhh. I dont know...
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
The prominence of rack-mountable power conditioners is one of the virtues of going to a simple rack setup. They offer surge protection, power conditioning, and multiple outlets all in a much more convenient and easy to use platform than most of the "power strip" conditioners on the market.
Quote by Kendall
The prominence of rack-mountable power conditioners is one of the virtues of going to a simple rack setup. They offer surge protection, power conditioning, and multiple outlets all in a much more convenient and easy to use platform than most of the "power strip" conditioners on the market.

Thats exactly what I want.

But, how much better is the decimator then the super c?

Gahh.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
You have close to twice the effective noise reduction capacity and the ability to run it both in front of the amp and in the loop at the same time while tracking the signal between the two. The SuperC is a solid unit but it's simply a stereo unit that uses the same threshold setting for both channels. I'd give the Decimator ProRackG a solid 9 out of 10 (nothing's perfect) and the SuperC a solid 7 out of 10.
The decimator also costs over two times waht the super c does.

Im talking about the pedel version.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
So should I just run a tu-2 and a sonic stomp?

I hate having to use friggin power adapters is the thing. And batteries are a no no.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by Kendall
... In order to do this with pedals, you'd need a regular Decimator pedal running straight into the guitar input on a Decimator G-String and still have the G-String in the loop, but then you still have the issue of the regular pedal version being inferior to the other units in the first place. The only reason I can think of to do this is if you constantly need to turn them on or off while playing.

actually, the GString has an input and output for running in front of the amp, and it also has a second input/output for an fx loop.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Would it be just as easy to get a sonic stomp, tu-2, and a decimator pedal and just stick um on top of my amp?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
I prefer my rack setup over my pedal board setup.. Its cleaner, easier to deal with and shorter cable length. But its your call on what you like..

Here are the pic's of both setups.

New Rack Setup

Old Pedal Board Setup (notice all the cables under the cab and connected to the board)