So i got the Peavey Windsor, was a 100% piece of ass. took it back to the store and got a refund.

Bugera amps... are they any good? according to some youtube previews, they certainly sound good. But considering its behringer that makes them...id imagine 1/5 of these amps are complete garbage. anyone have one?

ive heard the 6262, and i absolutely loved the tones...
Yeah, the Behringer name is enough to put a lot of people off, but I've heard good things about the 6262. By 'heard' do you mean, 'played'? Because if you haven't, I'd urge you to try one out ASAP. In fact, try out a couple in different stores. Because this is Behringer (of sorts), you'd want to check the consistency of the newer amps. Well, I would.
BEHRINGER DOES NOT MAKE THESE AMPS!

Behringer has used Bugera speakers for a long time, and in turn, they started DISTRIBUTING the Bugera line. Behringer has nothing to do with the making of the Bugera line. The only way Behringer is involved is the distribution of the amps, thus, any Behringer dealer will be able to carry Bugera amps.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
I was gonna get one until I heard all the horrible crap about them. I saw some photos of the soldering and some of the guts and decided I definately didn't need a fire hazard in my house.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by sjones

Behringer has used Bugera speakers for a long time, and in turn, they started DISTRIBUTING the Bugera line. Behringer has nothing to do with the making of the Bugera line. The only way Behringer is involved is the distribution of the amps, thus, any Behringer dealer will be able to carry Bugera amps.

For such a big company, Behringer's distribution abilities sure are useless, judging by the 3rd post.

And nebiru, mind sharing?
Quote by Don_Humpador
For such a big company, Behringer's distribution abilities sure are useless, judging by the 3rd post.

Yeah man, I'm trying to find the photos again.

EDIT:

Crappy Solder..

Pots only attatched to board, one good knock on a pot and its screwed..

Last edited by nebiru at Mar 27, 2008,
Quote by Don_Humpador

I believe it's because they're going so fast. And since it's a new line, there aren't that many amps made yet.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by sjones

Not according to the press release they gave Gearwire. As much traffic as Gearwire gets, you figure that if it was incorrect it would have been changed by now.

Nobody seems to know the answer to this question, and the people who are claiming that Behringer doesn't make them really don't have any evidence other than speculation and hearsay. Things like that press release, the Behringer ownership of the Bugera website, component similarities, etc, all lead to a strong case that Behringer is indeed making them.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Behringer is saying they don't make them to pull their asses out of the legal fire. Anyone with half a brain can read between the lines and see they do indeed make them. Personally, I would not touch Bugera with a ten foot poll, as they are probably made like complete crap and will all break after a couple years.
people need to put up or shut up, play one if you dont like the sound FINE but if you havent played one and you say its **** then you need to get a life. You are buying a 550 buck tube amp its NOT A HIGH END AMP if it last 2 years then thats a good 550 bucks for GOOD sounding tube amp, if you take care of yr **** itll last if you treat yr gear like **** itll break END OF STORY
"A Sh0t To The EaR"
Amps-Laney GH100L @50watts
Bugera 6262 @120watts
Laney GS212PE w/ V30s
Behringer 412H
Guitars-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85 T-O-M
Epiphone Les Paul Limited Edition EMG ZW set
Pedals-MXR WyldeWah>MXR WyldeOD>MXR Chorus
Quote by LaneyMan
people need to put up or shut up, play one if you dont like the sound FINE but if you havent played one and you say its **** then you need to get a life. You are buying a 550 buck tube amp its NOT A HIGH END AMP if it last 2 years then thats a good 550 bucks for GOOD sounding tube amp, if you take care of yr **** itll last if you treat yr gear like **** itll break END OF STORY

Note to self : Drink less caffeine.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Note to self : Drink less caffeine.

Seeing the evils?

I haven't played a Bugera, but from soundclips they sound good for their price. I want to go out and test a couple of them to see how good or bad they actually are, though.
Quote by LaneyMan

Tone is subjective, quality is not. Something can sound great and still be a hunk of crap. I personally take issue with the fact that there are already reported cases of capacitors blowing up in them. This is the kind of thing that could result in lawsuits if someone gets hurt. If one amp tech tries to discharge the caps and one blow up in his face, then pretty soon it'll be hard to find a tech willing to touch one.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by LaneyMan

Put down your crack pipe. If Fender, Marshall, and Randall to name a couple can make quality stuff in that range and have it last, anyone can. When it's Chinese made you don't NEED to abuse it for something to go wrong. If you spend $600 on something, it should last as long as I want it to. If you think $600 isn't going to buy you something long lasting and quality, you are totally out of touch with reality

EDIT: That or you're trying to reassure yourself you didn't spend $600 on something that is going to most likely end up the Yugo of guitar amplifiers.
Quote by Denthúl
Seeing the evils?

Certainly ; depression, gastroesophaegeal reflux disease, heartbeat irregularities (not the scheduling of a certain 1940s police show), insomnia, peptic ulcers, the list goes on.

I'll put the kettle on in a mo.

Is there a F1 thread doing the rounds?
Quote by Don_Humpador
Certainly ; depression, gastroesophaegeal reflux disease, heartbeat irregularities (not the scheduling of a certain 1940s police show), insomnia, peptic ulcers, the list goes on.

I'll put the kettle on in a mo.

Is there a F1 thread doing the rounds?

There is, actually. Well, there are two. One's official and the other isn't. Apparently. However, I much prefer spending my time messing around with Fantasy F1 leages and GP Manager Pro to talking about the sport at the moment, since all I seem to hear is arguments between the Woking and Maranello mobs :/

Quote by CJRocker
Put down your crack pipe. If Fender, Marshall, and Randall to name a couple can make quality stuff in that range and have it last, anyone can. When it's Chinese made you don't NEED to abuse it for something to go wrong. If you spend $600 on something, it should last as long as I want it to. If you think $600 isn't going to buy you something long lasting and quality, you are totally out of touch with reality

EDIT: That or you're trying to reassure yourself you didn't spend $600 on something that is going to most likely end up the Yugo of guitar amplifiers.

That's really just an assumption. I've had plenty of pieces of equipment manufactured in China, Vietnam, Indonesia and other such countries and none of it has fallen apart. Yes, there are plenty of cases of Chinese-made products failing, but there are also plenty of cases of US, UK and even Japanese products failing. I'm willing to bet that a big portion of the fear of Chinese-made products is the fact that when it breaks it automatically becomes 10 times worse because it's a cheaply made product.

The risk is there but, from experience, it's nowhere near as bad as people make out. I doubt I'm that lucky.

Edit: \/ I'll drop a comment on your profile to save taking this thread off-topic
Last edited by Denthúl at Mar 27, 2008,
Quote by Denthúl
There is, actually. Well, there are two. One's official and the other isn't. Apparently. However, I much prefer spending my time messing around with Fantasy F1 leages and GP Manager Pro to talking about the sport at the moment, since all I seem to hear is arguments between the Woking and Maranello mobs :/

Are we talking 'Silver' and 'Red' here?

Not meaning to hijack, here, by the way..
Quote by Kendall
Tone is subjective, quality is not. Something can sound great and still be a hunk of crap. I personally take issue with the fact that there are already reported cases of capacitors blowing up in them. This is the kind of thing that could result in lawsuits if someone gets hurt. If one amp tech tries to discharge the caps and one blow up in his face, then pretty soon it'll be hard to find a tech willing to touch one.

Things like this is what made me rethink my decision.
Never trust any amp that has board mounted inputs and potentiometers. You can treat it with all the love you want and they are still going to break. Sorry wouldn't touch a Bugera with your 6 inch pole.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by Denthúl

That's really just an assumption. I've had plenty of pieces of equipment manufactured in China, Vietnam, Indonesia and other such countries and none of it has fallen apart. Yes, there are plenty of cases of Chinese-made products failing, but there are also plenty of cases of US, UK and even Japanese products failing. I'm willing to bet that a big portion of the fear of Chinese-made products is the fact that when it breaks it automatically becomes 10 times worse because it's a cheaply made product.

The risk is there but, from experience, it's nowhere near as bad as people make out. I doubt I'm that lucky.

I've seen/experienced the opposite. Half the Crates in GC are always broken. The Windsor's head had a flimsy cab that kind of moved around when I touched it. Next, they've had numerous broken MGs and Spiders. They also had a Valveking that would not power up even though it was plugged in. Next, from what I've read online; numerous times I've read of Valveking issues, already reading of Bugera issues, and I've some issues with Vox's lower end amps failing after a couple years too. My Behringer VAMP2 stopped working after a night in a roughly 40F degree car. My Fender Frontman always sounded harsh and crackly, and the controls never worked right.

Granted, I've heard even UK Marshall's are not the most reliable amps, and I've heard of a handful of 5150 problems lately but I've heard very very few stories otherwise of issues with US, UK, and Japanese amps.
That could be down to the way the products are treated as much as anything. It's very rare that I will go into a shop in the UK and find an amp that is in anything but good condition unless it's used. First-hand experiences are different to reading though. Reading, you generally tend to see more of the bad reports than the good ones. It's the same with Laneys. In the days of the older Laney threads, there was constant scare about reports of all the amps just dying. But mine is perfectly fine, as is every other that I've tried, and I haven't heard of many problems from actual Laney owners here (though I know that there have been some).

I will not deny that there are problems with cheap equipment manufactured in these countries, but it's not as bad as the internet seems to make it. :/
Quote by modernp
Never trust any amp that has board mounted inputs and potentiometers. You can treat it with all the love you want and they are still going to break. Sorry wouldn't touch a Bugera with your 6 inch pole.

Yep.