I can't find them anywhere. I guess this means that used price will go from $600 to upwards of $1k. Ughhhh...stupid Gibson.

I was going to buy one around June, too.
They got replaced with the "Billy Joe Armstrong" signature model, which means it'll be like 800 dollars more if you want one.

God I hate Green Day and Gibson's way of doing business.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Do you mean they're gone from stores locally? And yeah I've noticed the same thing, only seen Billy Joe ones and Epiphones that are the cheap kinds.

Ahh, and they're gone online too, as in Guitarcenter and Musiciansfriend (Only 2 sites i checked, too lazy to check more).
where do u live?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
If you can find a good Epi and put a real P-90 in there, it would be pretty close to the Gibson for far less money....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
If you're OK with getting a different (but similar) guitar, you could get a LP Faded double cutaway (LP Special re-issue with faded finish). Or you could get a Melody Maker and replace the pickup with a p-90. There are also several copies available (mostly used) from Japanese companies.
It's so funny how many people think you could transform the wood and characteristics of a guitar just by changing the pickups.
Quote by Paul Carbonella
It's so funny how many people think you could transform the wood and characteristics of a guitar just by changing the pickups.

Because pickups don't change the sound at all....
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
It does but a guitar with cheap playwood and a bolt on neck is far from mahogany and set neck. Wood is VERY important for a guitar.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Wulver
If you can find a good Epi and put a real P-90 in there, it would be pretty close to the Gibson for far less money....

Not even close pal...
Be cool.
Buy the Epiphone '57 RI and take it from there. Personally, I don't think a pickup change is neccessary, as the P-100 is pretty damn good, although I have thought about a P-90. It is an all mahogany set neck Les Paul Junior, so you can'rt really go wrong. I love it, but may sell it to raise funds for a double cut LP Special.
Quote by thedude051
Not even close pal...

Well, I meant the '57 Reissue LP Jr. Set neck, mahogany, P-100 pickup, all that. find an above average one, put a genuine P-90 in, and that's fairly close to a Gibson. Not all the way, of course, but close enough considering the cost difference.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
An MIJ Edwards/ESP copy?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Wulver
Well, I meant the '57 Reissue LP Jr. Set neck, mahogany, P-100 pickup, all that. find an above average one, put a genuine P-90 in, and that's fairly close to a Gibson. Not all the way, of course, but close enough considering the cost difference.

Yeah, that's something that I've considered doing. Unlike alot of people, I'm not hung up about what's on the headstock. Would probably just end up getting a Tokai instead though.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Yeah, that's something that I've considered doing. Unlike alot of people, I'm not hung up about what's on the headstock. Would probably just end up getting a Tokai instead though.

Its not so much that it is a Gibson, I just thought it was odd when I did a search for Juniors and the regular Gibby's didn't come up

sorry for the double post
dude i noticed that too, i feel lucky since i bought mine before they stopped selling them. well anyway, i think its because of how Gibson wants to sell their stuff, i think its a horrible marketing idea =\. although i do want a Classic white Billie Joe Junior as well haha. it looks beautiful :]
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
Last edited by guy66657 at Mar 28, 2008,
I wouldn't mind getting a Billie Joe, I really like the white finish. It's just that they cost more than the originals. And the Custom Shop ones cost a fortune.