ok after looking at some acoustics, i came across this thing

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alvarez-Artist-Series-AD60K-Dao-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518794

it looks cool and everything, same price as the other guitars i was looking at, but the wood made me question

wtf is dao?

can anyone give me any info on this type of wood?
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Dao is a wood that will give brighter clearer tones and less volume, the guitar should not be a loud guitar but an articulate one
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
It was a common wood in my country...
used in furnitures..flooring...walls
known for its durability...
but
It was my 1st tym knowing it used on Guitar...
....so little time.
Quote by ValoRhoads
Dao is a wood that will give brighter clearer tones and less volume, the guitar should not be a loud guitar but an articulate one

but you should be able to compensate for the quietness by micing it or putting a pickup in it right?
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Quote by divinecrossfire
but you should be able to compensate for the quietness by micing it or putting a pickup in it right?

but of course!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by divinecrossfire

Dao might be quieter than mahogany to the player but it projects better so to the listener it seems louder.
Not taking any online orders.
Most dao on guitars comes from china nowadays. Just something different. I haven't seen it on many high end guitars but it definitely can look interesting.