This is my first ever cover! It took kind of a lot of editing since I did this all by myself, but I think I did a pretty good job... but you tell me lol. I recorded drums, bass guitar, and 2 guitar parts for the song. I have no clue what the words to the song are, otherwise I would attempt to try and scream lol. The song is in my profile... I'm sure you can guess the title. Anyway, tell me how I did and how I can improve playing-wise and editing-wise, or anyway else. C4C and thanks!
Lyrics

It breathes.
What stands before us is not a machine,
it breathes, it will bleed, and it will sleep.
Its body is covered in hundreds of wires.
The mouth attempts to speak but,
Only murmers collapse from its jaws.
With only delayed movements from its figure we all begin to strain.
My legs weaken at the site of this damanged program,
For this program kept you breathing, it kept you alive.
These circuits diffused once more.
We kneel and we plead for no mourning ahead of us,
Entombment of a machine.
So Sleep, sleep among us and hesitate no more.
I saw it die.

I trust you did those asshole bass drops that busted the speakers in my truck?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Thanks for the lyrics! And my song broke your speakers...? ._____o I don't know how to get rid of bass with audicity. It wasn't that bassy though, was it?
No.. I mean the original song. I was blasting it and if you have a decent stereo you will notice it has HUGE bass drops all over the song and it blew one of my speakers haha.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Oh lol. I didn't drop mine all the way, I just went to drop D. It's still got great bass tone though. Well thanks for the lyrics, I probably won't be recording them if I suck though =P .
Last edited by xxCHANCExx at Mar 27, 2008,
Pretty good cover. The bass part in the beginning is wrong though. Over all good, seemed a little slow to me. And if you cover this song.....cover it in drop C, where it belongs.
Ya, the bass was kind of hard to hear for me, so I wasn't 100% positive it was right. And my guitar has a floyd rose, so I didn't want to waste my time tuning it =P I'm lazy. Thanks for the crit though!
didn't sound in tune but still dope as **** man.
i love job for a cowboy, pretty solid playing, i still make hella errors ao their songs.
klol im crtng afte rcomign back from the strip club so im a bit hamemc but still.
good cover man, you should try to get better recorindng qualtiyu ythough.
sounded a bit fuzzy but no matter, still sick still could tell what song it was.
job for a cowboy is dope man, good choice.

ps, wht model guitar do you have it looks dope in your profile pictueere.

lol sorry for all te rmistkeaes can't spell in this state haha.

8.3/10
Haha that's fine. The quality is good, but I messed it up when I turned the bass for the guitars almost all the way up lol. I'm going to rerecord it and not turn bass up all the way this time lol. And it's a Schecter c-1 I believe, a gryphon. But I used an Ibenez Rg to record.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
Took your advice and turned drums up just a bit. Took out some of the bass as well so it won't bust your speakers or make your ears bleed =] . Did some better editing too so the drums and guitars aren't that off anymore. Changed the panning too. Thanks for all the advice everyone. Updated version is now up.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.