I was planning on getting one of these

Link

i have a crafter cruiser rg600 and a pocket pod
and i play mostly metal but sometimes i play some funk or blues
ive been playing for quite a while and ive started playing gigs (only bout standard school hall size)

do you think its good enough?
i cant really pay more than £200
(cause im still at school and i have a rubbish part time)

any advice would be greatly appreciated
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
You'd probably be better of with a Roland Cube 60 for metal, to be honest. The speakers on that are only 8", so playing high gain stuff through that at larger volumes won't sound great.
would i be better with this then

this is the other one i could get

other one

=)
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
No - that's a poor amp, designed to look like it isn't. Four 8" speakers will still sound worse than one 12", trust me.

Check out the Grainger Blues Twin, Grainger Valve Fifteen, and the Laney LC15, for starters. There's loads more too, I'm sure you'll get plenty more suggestions but they're the best I can think of.
You'll also need an overdrive pedal to get good metal tones metal, the Behringer 'TO800' will do fine, or the Digitech Bad Monkey. All those amps I've linked to are well-built, and high-powered enough to gig with when you start.

Absolutely, positively do not buy that Hartke piece of junk.

EDIT: And that 'White Horse' thing looks even worse. Don't think you need a big stack of speakers or loads of watts to get a good tone - they don't really make you look cool, and they sound awful!
i forgot to mention that i have a behringer to100 and a um300
im still looking for amps so any suggestions will be appreciated :P
im able to spend up to £200 or slightly over

helppppppppppppp :P
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Last edited by sammixuk at Mar 27, 2008,