i am building a tele style guitar and it has a tune o matic bridge. i know now that you need to have a 3 degree neck angle or what ever it is but didnt when i routed the neck pocket. is there any way to fix this. or could i build a new neck with an angle in the heel?
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
anything?
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
You could put a small but appropriately cut piece of wood in the pocket to create the angle. Make sure it's a hard wood though, and glue it in properly.
even with the pocket routed flat already?
Quote by Roc8995
Quote by garrett7
even with the pocket routed flat already?

Wedge shape. If you glued that in there the pocket would be angled...
and it needs to be 3 degress right?
Quote by Roc8995
ok i worked out the neck angle its around 1.8 degrees. so i just cut a wedge and glue it in? al does it have to be across the whole pocket or can it just be an inch wide in the center?
Quote by Roc8995
What about an SG, the on i took the neck off of, the pocket looks like its flat so would i have to build the neck with an angle? i plan on making the neck soon so this would be nice to know before hand, It's a set neck by the way if that matters