recently came into the possesion of one, stripped of all hardware.
i have the hardware too, but i dont plan on using it.

so basically its a neck and body off a low end guitar.

my plan is to do that 4 pickup thing i was talking about in the other thread, and to cut off the horn

but i want ideas for the paint job
suggs?
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Last edited by fosho at Mar 30, 2008,
If it's anything like my epiphone les paul jr. was, smash it up and throw it in the trash. Unless you enjoy getting your hand hurt by the frets poking out, and you like the genuine plywood tone.
k some updates
here are some pics of the body after the horn off

and heres the first coat of the "Abstract Mango" paintjob

Quote by WickedBeast666
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

Why did you cut off the bottom horn? =/
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by djszkoda
Why did you cut off the bottom horn? =/

its always bothered me on Pauls
its like.....idk, just in the way.
kinda looks like a V and a paul some sweet lovin and this was the result dont it?
Quote by WickedBeast666

Quote by fosho

kinda looks like a V and a paul some sweet lovin and this was the result dont it?

No. It just looks, well, bad. Sorry, but that's my opinion. If you feel that the horn was in the way then I can't criticise you for making your axe easier to play.
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
Waste!! The least you can do is even out the cut part and maybe invest in some spray cans.
--'
you guys are jerks lol
i dont much care what you say, i love it so far
here are some more updated, though horrible quality, pics

Quote by WickedBeast666

some stuff has happened and i dont know if ill be able to put the 4 into this one

BUT!
ive got other ones in the works, and atleast one of em will have the 4 humbuckers.

this particular one, the mango burst (lol)
will have a gigantic vintage pickup.

here are some better pics

and heres one of the pickup, if anyone knows anything about it please let me know
its uh...pretty huge, the other pup in the pic is regular sized so you can tell the difference
im sure some of you will remember this pup

Quote by WickedBeast666

wonder if anyones still interested in this thing, might as well

Copy PASTA:

bodys done!
well....
the top is....
;D

the pics dont really do it justice, but after i sand is down with steel wool ill post some more pics

also...
the neck....
yup

fretless

first coat on the headstock

pic of fretless-ness

opinions?
Quote by WickedBeast666