I don't know how many of you heard of this, but it has turned into quite a hot topic here in the Netherlands and other places. A right-wing extremist Geert Wilders has made a movie about how he thinks the Quran (sp?) (the holy book for the islam) is bad and how the western society is superior to the islam.

Just now, the film was released, the english version is to be found here, but there is quite a lag:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7d9_1206624103

Let's see what happens next.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Silly extremists, movies are for sane people.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Mister.Y
I don't know how many of you heard of this, but it has turned into quite a hot topic here in the Netherlands and other places. A right-wing extremist Geert Wilders has made a movie about how he thinks the Quran (sp?) (the holy book for the islam) is bad and how the western society is superior to the islam.

Just now, the film was released, the english version is to be found here, but there is quite a lag:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7d9_1206624103

Let's see what happens next.

Geert wilders is echt dom, sorry for the change of language ppl, i happen to live in holland too, and that guy is just waiting for the bullet to arive in his brain.
Quote by Craigo
Worst thing I hate is Christians comparing about how 'brutal' the Quran can be

Worst thing i hate is christians.
It's not loading at all anymore.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
is it bad?

cause then I've lost my bet...

My theory was that he was just bluffing about how bad the movie would be.. well actually he hasn't said anything but anyway and the movie just... wasn't as bad as everyone thought.
Now he can say the entire muslim-population got angry and he has a reason to say that they were violent people about nothing...
I watched it yesterday. I think what Geert Wilders does is just to try to create some fear and have people think that by voting for him the problem will be solved, comparable to Hitler´s campaign. However, he didn´t really succeed because no one takes him seriously anymore. All he did in that movie was show some footage of extremists who are justifying their cruelties hatred for the western world with the Koran. I've never been there but I think the middle-easterners don't have a good educational system. The Koran is not the problem, it's the extremist leaders who take advantage of the indoctrinated and uneducated people.
Quote by Fi-Fi
Geert wilders is echt dom, sorry for the change of language ppl, i happen to live in holland too, and that guy is just waiting for the bullet to arive in his brain.

Omdat hij voor zijn mening opkomt?
Ik ben het eens met hem, de acties die moslims doen omdat het zo moet volgens de koran staan abseluut niet in de koran zelf.
Denk na over wat je zegt.

----

Because he tells his opinion?
I agree with him, the things the muslims do because the Koran (sp?) says so are abselutly (sp?) not written in the Koran.
Think of what you're saying, moron.
By the way, I think it's hilarious how some people think this is hot news all over the world while in fact, most people don't give a crap.

Edit: They took it off LikeLeak? What the hell, even though I don't agree with Wilders, he should at least be able to show his video.
Last edited by frankv at Mar 28, 2008,
Quote by Jehuty
Hmm.

Yeah yeah yeah I got a bit more pissed while writing my comment.
(That is if you understood what I said)
Quote by Scarlatti
Yeah yeah yeah I got a bit more pissed while writing my comment.
(That is if you understood what I said)

I did. I'm dutch. Just the fact that you added the last word in your translation, seemed funny to me.

Anywho - I really don't agree with Wilders, but that's a long story. I DO believe that this movie needed to be released for the sake of freedom of speech. Media just blew it up big time, if they didn't pay attention it would've just bleeded to death.
Quote by Jehuty
I did. I'm dutch. Just the fact that you added the last word in your translation, seemed funny to me.

Anywho - I really don't agree with Wilders, but that's a long story. I DO believe that this movie needed to be released for the sake of freedom of speech. Media just blew it up big time, if they didn't pay attention it would've just bleeded to death.

Maybe it was a good thing that it got blown up like this. It caused the movie to be a complete anti-climax for many people.

By the way, everyone who didn't see the movie yet and can't find it online, I have the Dutch version so if you want me to PM it, tell me.
Quote by frankv
Maybe it was a good thing that it got blown up like this. It caused the movie to be a complete anti-climax for many people.

By the way, everyone who didn't see the movie yet and can't find it online, I have the Dutch version so if you want me to PM it, tell me.

That's entirely true ofcourse, but yeah.