http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAJGrl_2yA

In this video John Mayer plays I don't trust myself(amazing!!) The intro sounds really really cool and i just learned it but i don't kno what he is using for effects. And if you don't kno what he is using, can you tell me something that could get close to this sound.

Oh by the way he is not using a wah.
Quote by geluidsterroris
tone knob down...

what r u talking about it sounds like he is using a octave, flanger and a auto wah all together or something like that. Im not going to get that intro tone by by turning the tone knob down.

can someone who knows something please help me!!!
On your amp turn your base to 8, mids and highs to 3. use a small amount of overdrive. If your using a strat use the middle pickup and turn the tone down all the way. If you have a guitar with humbuckers use the neck pickup and turn the tone town all the way.
Quote by will4287
On your amp turn your base to 8, mids and highs to 3. use a small amount of overdrive. If your using a strat use the middle pickup and turn the tone down all the way. If you have a guitar with humbuckers use the neck pickup and turn the tone town all the way.

but he has to be using some effects like an octave or flanger? but thanks
My guess would be an auto wah and his tone knob turned down. It could be any number of other effects too such as a synth talk or an auto yah..
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Don't triple post yourself within an hour.
Sure, a pog may help. You have to get his regular tone (without effects) before you can get that tone. Heed the instructions which have been mentioned before by other members. Plus, you MAY need a strat.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
How do you know it's not a wah? Certainly sounds like one, and it's certainly a sound you could make with a wah pedal.

If not an auto wah or envelope filter should do the trick.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^Yeah, envelope filter should do it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator