The only issue I have with the Nova System is the fact that it doesn't allow you to separate the "Drive" effects from the rest of the system, therefore disallowing you to run the overdrive before the amp and the remainder of the effects in the loop. I sent a suggestion to TC about possibly fitting the system with a "Drive Output" that would allow you to do such a thing and that suggestion was forwarded to the product development department (it would be really cool if a bunch of other people sent similar suggestions so that something like this might actually happen).

Outside of that, if the effects live up the usual TC standards this thing should set a new standard for floor based multieffects processors.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
The only issue I have with the Nova System is the fact that it doesn't allow you to separate the "Drive" effects from the rest of the system, therefore disallowing you to run the overdrive before the amp and the remainder of the effects in the loop. I sent a suggestion to TC about possibly fitting the system with a "Drive Output" that would allow you to do such a thing and that suggestion was forwarded to the product development department (it would be really cool if a bunch of other people sent similar suggestions so that something like this might actually happen).

Outside of that, if the effects live up the usual TC standards this thing should set a new standard for floor based multieffects processors.

What about a GT-8 type thing where there's an effects loop you can move around in the FX chain? The you could use the 4CM to put whatever you want before/after the preamp.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by Kendall

Let's be honest, you aren't buying it for the drive. If you were, it wouldn't matter running it in front as you aren't adding any overdrive from the amp presumably
Quote by Horlicks
Let's be honest, you aren't buying it for the drive. If you were, it wouldn't matter running it in front as you aren't adding any overdrive from the amp presumably
I'd like the "Comp" and "Pitch" in front also.
These go to eleven...
Quote by sideshowlinc
does the nova have phaser? may seem like a dumb question, sorry

Yes
It looks like you can use only one modulation type effect per preset, going by the single "mod" button?
These go to eleven...
I have the nova delay and reverb. Its awesome!

Actually, there is no better delay than the nova delay. Unless you go shopping in the +400$ analog boutique pedals. The reverb also is quite good. Alot of different kinds of reverb. Me likes.
I bought them separated because i didnt need the overdrive, and because i wanted them in the FX loop. Also imo there are better compressors and pitchers out there.
But T.C.Electronics makes great stuff!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Horlicks

Using it without the drive makes it eerily similar to a G-Major, only less capable, and in a floor unit. For the cost of the Nova System you can get a G-Major and a halfway decent Midi controller and have far more function and expansion capability.

I'm using a 3 channel amp and though an added OD up front is not necessary most of the time, it can provide different textures on either of the dirty channels and a whole range of different dirty tones to the clean channel. The fact that the Nova System's drive is programmable makes it extremely versatile when compared with a more traditional stomp box. That said, if I were to be buying the Nova System, I'd be doing it specifically for the programmable drive settings. Otherwise I'd save a hundred bucks and run a G-Major.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM