1) don't cry (original) -guns n roses
2) hells bells - ac/dc
3) original song
4) for whom the bell tolls - metallica
5) smells like teen spirit - nirvana
6) original song
8) original song
9) dream on

lol I know, all pretty easy, and our own songs arent that difficult either, but they've got catchy melodies (lyrics ok).
smells like teen spirit is a little overplayed, i'd pick another nirvana song. but other than that it looks alright.
"I'd pick another nirvana song."

Yeah. None of them.

pretty cool set, though.
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
I would never, ever cover a Nirvana song. Especially Smells Like Teen Spirit. Its an overplayed cliche'. Fantastic song, but over played. Nirvana songs arent worth covering because in most of the cases what made them so awesome and unique was Kurts expressive abilities and grungy voice. Its not possible to replicate. Its just not gonna be a powerful performance. I think you could also choose a better into song to, but thats just my opinion.
i agree about starting with something a little more engaging but the trouble is we need something simple and dont cry is and we're gonna play it anyway. I dont want to play another ac/dc song in the list like back in black or tnt. and we all agreed we are absolutely NEVER going to play smoke on the water lol. and seeing as how everyone agrees on no Smells like teen spirit, i'll take it out.

1) open for suggestions
2) don't cry (original) -guns n roses
3) hells bells - ac/dc
4) original song
5) for whom the bell tolls - metallica
6) original song
7) original song
8) dream on - aerosmith
Open with Pain it black by the Rolling stones. Its a pretty heavy track so it will go well with the rest of the set list.
thats an idea, i'm running it by our drummer rite now. anything else to flesh out the list a little bit?
fade to black is pretty easy. I suck and I can play it.
FREE THE PEAR

sorry, didn't see FWTBT on there.

wish you were here, or possibly sorrow (both by the Floyd)
FREE THE PEAR

1) paint it black - rolling stones
2) don't cry (original) -guns n roses
3) hells bells - ac/dc
4) original song
5) for whom the bell tolls - metallica
6)pour some sugar on me- def leppard
7) original song
8) original song
(9) carry on my wayward son - kansas)*
10) dream on - aerosmith

*not to sure about this one.
A) You can do badass covers of Nirvana song, but I do agree with not doing Smells Like Teen Spirit. B) Look at some of the earlier Who stuff, it is simple and pretty well known.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
dude, i'm sorry, but teenage wastland isn't the name of the song! it's Baba O'Riley. that's just a peeve of mine...

anyway, Twisted Sister is almost always a good idea. and Bad Company is always good.

Bad Company
Holy Water
Rock N' Roll Fantasy
Bad Company

Twisted Sister
Love is for Suckers
Shoot Em Down
The Kids Are Back
lol i kno thats wat its called, but i just prefer teenage wasteland.

wat about we're not gonna take it? this list keeps getting bigger and bigger, but seeing as how we're trying to play for an hour or 2, it doesnt matter.
start out with carbomb by the acacia strain. not really. anyway lol you should play somethign with a cool harmonized solo in it somewhere in the set
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
2) dont cry (original) - guns n roses
3) original song
4) hells bells - ac/dc
5)for whom the bell tolls - metallica
6) original song
7) paranoid - black sabbath
8) (carry on my wayward son - kansas)*
9) original song
10) pour some sugar on me - def leppard
11) dream on - aerosmith

hows that?
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
2) dont cry (original) - guns n roses
3) original song
4) hells bells - ac/dc
5)for whom the bell tolls - metallica
6) original song
7) paranoid - black sabbath
8) (carry on my wayward son - kansas)*
9) original song
10) pour some sugar on me - def leppard
11) dream on - aerosmith

hows that?

Yes!
That looks pretty good. You should open with an original, though. If people see you open with a cover, they might think that you can't write music.
"There is no hell. There is only France." - Frank Zappa
that is true but if its an original ppl mite get confused with wtf is that, and if they dont like it they may just leave, whereas if we play a few well known songs first that they enjoy they'll stay and listen for a bit.
Open with "For those about to rock". And my personal opinion, don't do Hells Bells back to back with FWTBT - too redundant with the bell thing, unless you guys can pull off some kind of seamless segue, which if done right could be cool.

Another good opener is "Unchain the night" by Dokken. Do the live version.

The kansas tune is an enjoyable one, but unless you will be targetting a 40+ audience and your group can pull of some good vocals, I'd ditch that one. I love the song, but I just hate hearing it live.

Nice touch with the Def Leppard tune. It's a good idea to throw something out there for the ladies. Cinderella had a few good ones, too (IMO) - "Shake Me", "Somebody Save Me", or "Gypsy Road" for some bluesy flavor.

I saw a local bar band a month or so ago that opened with Ozzy's Mr. Crowley, complete with the synth opening, lights, fog, and the singer decked out in a full-on Ozzy outfit from the 70's (fringe & all). It was sweet!