And I want a good compound bow. I've done similar stuff to this before, but now I'm serious about it, so I'm wondering what are some strong/accurate/reliable compound bows I can buy? I don't know a whole lot about em, so I don't know how much I should be paying for a decent one (I see em online for 50-300 bucks, but I have a friend who got hers for a little over 1000) I just don't want it to end up the same as airsoft...(60 bucks on an airsoft gun....never again.)
I have 3 bows and crossbow. I don't know much about brands, though..
I got my first one at Canadian Tire for 75$ and it had a 30 lb drawback.
It gave me 3 years of fun.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Archery is pretty interesting, especially when skiing in the woods following rabbit tracks to feed your starving family.

You fins should know all about it.

I know a guy who made his own composite bow, it's awesome. I do a little archery now and then. To... unwind.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
archery is awesome.

my dad and i have been doing it as a hobby for at least 6-7 years now and it's great

if you want a compound bow that's going to last you a long time without spending too much, you can always look at cheaper Hoyt bows. i have one and love it. mine cost me about $250, 3 or 4 years ago, i still have it and it's still my main bow.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Wow, that'd be awesome. I wish I had a Mongolian style traditional bow, I saw a History Channel thing on them and they are more powerful than a British longbow but more compact. It would be useful for killing armored targets.
Quote by AzureNight
Wow, that'd be awesome. I wish I had a Mongolian style traditional bow, I saw a History Channel thing on them and they are more powerful than a British longbow but more compact. It would be useful for killing armored targets.

I watched that special twice now

History ftw!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Ive been shooting competitively for years now (check out my username...) Ive actually won a fair amount of tournaments and know what Im talking about. If you still have any questions send me a PM.

Bows can range anywhere in price. It all depends on what you want to do with it. Just play around recreationally, or compete. Again, send a PM and I'll answer anything you want
I have a PSE Nova, it's a decent beginners bow, I have afew mods on it. I haven't shot in years though, I'll need to re size it. My grandpa and I used to go out to 3D ranges all the time.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?