Hey, i was wondering if a Kramer Striker FR-422SM would be a guitar worth refinishing and throwing some new pickups into. Its pretty cheap has an alder body and maple neck so i figure itd be ok, its really cheap too. This is my first time customizing a guitar so thats pretty much why im asking.

Here is a link to the guitar:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-FR422SM-Electric-Guitar?sku=515339

Thanks
why not? i say go for it if you like the shape, the price is right. even if the neck isn't great, you can replace it with a new neck easily, that'd be the only thing id worry about.
Quote by rednwhiteblues
why not? i say go for it if you like the shape, the price is right. even if the neck isn't great, you can replace it with a new neck easily, that'd be the only thing id worry about.

But by then you might as well have bought everything from Warmoth and it would have cost the same, because all you have left is the body.

I think you should only (heavily) customize guitars you already own that you did buy to customize or you don't really use anymore, because most people end up replacing everything but the body, in which case you could have much better wood, etc. from Warmoth.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Mar 27, 2008,
Corr, that's amazing. I'd get one as well if it wasn't a recessed Floyd Rose, that's too much hassle for me.