Hey guys, just wanted to make my first post and introduce myself. I made this account some time ago, probably asked some random question, but have really just lurked ever since.

I got a guitar a couple of years ago (Art and Lutherie Dreadnought) for a high school class that taught me to read sheet music, though I never really got the names of the notes down.

I spent the next year or so being very hit or miss with the instrument; I would try playing a few songs and then stop for a bit just to pick it up again later. I learned quite a bit of chords, a few scales, and had the notes of the fretboard down for a little bit. I did finally set myself down over the past month or so and learned my first full song (The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most by Dashboard Confessional). And besides that, I have messed around with other common songs like Wonderwall, You and Me (Lifehouse), and We Never Change (Coldplay), but have not yet finished another.

So that basically summarizes my history, so I come to you guys for advice. I can't really get a teacher until summer with my current schedule, but I understand that learning to play guitar is much more of a marathon than a sprint. My question is what should I be doing on a daily basis to better my skills? I know I need to learn chords, scales, notes, etc., but where should I start? Or should I do a bit of each everyday? I have access to a website called guitaralliance.com which has a great advice for each, but I only have about 30-45 minutes each day and I'm not sure what my time should be spent on.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
The only thing I can think of to practice everyday is chromatic scales to a metronome, concentrating on an accurate and clean technique while keeping the hand relaxed and close to the strings. 10 minutes a day. Beyond that it's up to you. I try to spend two days on songs, two days on book lessions, two days on scales and 1 day for learning new chords and/or practicing chord transistions.